Chestnut Trees from the BIWC

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

jacquel

Chestnut Trees from the BIWC

Post by jacquel »

Sometime towards the end of May, our shipment of 100 chestnut trees will arrive. We recommend that you plant 2 so they will cross pollinate. If you are interested in obtaining trees (free of charge and includes tree grow tubes and stake with each one), contact Jacque at jacquel@tds.net or call 231-448-2220.
jacquel

Re: Update on Chestnut Trees from the BIWC

Post by jacquel »

Update on the chestnut trees- they will not arrive this spring. The nursery will send them this fall instead. If you have contacted me and I have your name and contact information, I will let you know when they arrive this fall. If you want to be removed from the list. Let me know.
Sorry everyone!
jacquel

Re: Chestnut Trees from the BIWC

Post by jacquel »

The trees are here! If you ordered through the Wildlife Club, you can pick up your trees on Saturday, Sept.3 at the library from 9-5. Or my house on Paid Een Ogs Road Sunday. they must get into the ground ASAP.
ohh-bi-mi

Re: Chestnut Trees from the BIWC

Post by ohh-bi-mi »

Thank you Jacque for getting the trees. We planned ours and took pictures of our grandkids next to them. They can grow together!