The Townships Caught During The Pandemic

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

K.D. McBride

The Townships Caught During The Pandemic

Post by K.D. McBride »

In acknowledging the leadership that Governor Whitmer during this pandemic, we would be remiss in not including St. James and Peaine Townships with the early and decisive actions they jointly took in protecting Beaver Island. With tough decisions there will always come some criticism but there should also come some praise as in this case for keeping the public safe. A boss once told me the best thing you can do for those who work for you is catch them doing something right and thank them. Too many times it is just the opposite.
The Townships have been caught doing something right and I for one thank them.
Kirk D. McBride
BradG

Re: The Townships Caught During The Pandemic

Post by BradG »

Very well said! We all need to do our part too. It ain’t over till it’s over.

Brad
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

With Whiskey Island being a protectorate of Beaver Island, I acclaim a rousing second to that "thank you" for the townships. Even though I continue hiding out in Havana until all is safe to return, I as the self appointed governing body of Whiskey Island, can report with absolute authority that we have zero cases of Corona on Whiskey Island. That is both virus and beer. I attribute the first to the outstanding actions by both of Beaver Island's townships. I accept full responsibility for the second. Again, "thank you" ladies and gentlemen, keep up the good work and I hope to see you all soon. Stay Safe!
=D> 8) =D>
Skull&CrossBones
PScott

Re: The Townships Caught During The Pandem

Post by PScott »

I agree with this. The township leaders did all the right things.

I’m also very impressed with other Island leaders who made tough decisions for the safety of the community. This includes the Chamber of Commerce, McDondough’s Market, Island Airways, Beaver Island Boat Company, Irish Feile, Baroque on Beaver and the Beaver Island Music Festival. Please feel free to add to this list.

Cancelling an event is hard. Managing a grocery store during a pandemic is an everyday challenge. So is flying people back and forth inside a small space. I’ve long admired these folks, but to operate safely during a pandemic is just stellar.
Trish Scott
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

=D> =D> =D> :!:
Skull&CrossBones