Notice of Registration for November 3, 2021 election

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

woodchopper57

Notice of Registration for November 3, 2021 election

Post by woodchopper57 »

Notice of Registration for

The General Election to be Held on Tuesday November 3, 2021
For all Cities and Townships in Charlevoix County MI

Please take note: any qualified elector of the above mentioned, who is not already registered, may register to vote at the office of the Township Clerk; the office of the County Clerk; a Secretary of State branch office, or other designated state agency

Registration forms can be obtained at mi.gov/vote and mailed to the Township Clerk. Voters who are already registered may update their registration at www.expressSOS.com

The last day to register in any other manner other than in-person with the local clerk is Monday October 18, 2021

After this date anyone who qualifies as an elector may register to vote in person with proof of residency at the local clerk’s office listed below:
St James Governmental Center
37830 Kings Hwy
Beaver Island MI 49782
by appointment only, contact clerk.stjamestwp.bi@gmail.com

Special hours: Saturday October 30, 2021 12pm-4pm Sunday October 31, 12pm-4pm

The ballot is for: Charlevoix County Separate Tax Limitation Proposal
Julie Gillespie
woodchopper57

Re: Notice of Registration for November 3, 2021 election

Post by woodchopper57 »

Test ballot 11.3.21.jpg
Test ballot 11.3.21.jpg (621.39 KiB) Viewed 2512 times
Julie Gillespie
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Thanks for posting! I assume the election is taking place in both townships. Is this a new tax or a renewal request? Where can I find out more about this ballot initiative? I would appreciate any guidance.
McGrass
woodchopper57

Post by woodchopper57 »

Yes both townships, I will find out the exact meaning of the proposal, but it's a renewal request.
Julie Gillespie
woodchopper57

Post by woodchopper57 »

The question is on the ballot in all of County’s municipalities.

This information is from Charlevoix County’s Website “The November election Separate Tax Limitation ballot proposal is simply a renewal for another 5 years. This does not mean 5.9 mills is what is currently being collected or will be collected. It simply means that monies will continue to be collected for the next five years, not to exceed 5.9 mills. The monies collected are divided as indicated between the County, Townships, and the Intermediate School District.”

Both St James Township and Peaine Township count on this millage as part of their operational funds.
Julie Gillespie
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Good information, thank you.
McGrass
woodchopper57

Post by woodchopper57 »

Reminder tomorrow's election, 11.2.21, I just now see I had the wrong date in my original posting, my apologies.

For those of you that haven't returned your absentee ballots, if they are not in the postal mail tomorrow by 4:30, you will have to bring your absentee ballot to my office, you cannot take it to the polling place.

Also for those that have not returned their absentee ballot application (not ballot) you will have to vote in person at the polling place.
Julie Gillespie