Lake traffic

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BradG

Lake traffic

Post by BradG »

A tug was anchored off Sand Bay last night and another tug moving north tonight along the east side. Nice to see movement on the lake!
BI Pirate

Re: Lake traffic

Post by BI Pirate »

Hey Doc, Looks like you're getting some cold and snow up there. Surprised the water is open. :shock: :o :shock:
Skull&CrossBones
BradG

Post by BradG »

Both the tugs are over by Cross Village now. I'm glad I'm not out there! It's really coming down now. Stay warm!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I was having coffee with friends yesterday and doing my usual complaining about the weather down here. They have no sympathy for a weather whining Yankee. One pulled up the Weather Channel for Michigan showing blizzard and below zero conditions for the next few days. I paid for the coffee and shut up. It looks like Mr. Taylor's furnace fund is a godsend for this winter. I'm sure this comment about his generosity will draw criticism from the usual gang but I'm also sure the majority of Beaver Islanders appreciate it.
Stay warm yourself, I want to see grass when I return and not just the kind that was legalized. :roll: :wink: :shock:
Skull&CrossBones
Sailorman Larry

Post by Sailorman Larry »

This per Boatnerd.com :
Lake Michigan
The tugs Bradshaw McKee and Barbara Andrie were in the lee of Beaver Island Wednesday night due to high winds. The McKee departed Charlevoix on Sunday and has the cement barge Commander with her. The tugs have been operating in the area between Charlevoix and Beaver Island since Sunday, it is unknown why they have been spending so much time in this area.

Boatnerd.com is a good site to read the latest vessel passings and marine news.

Larry Hansz