Phil Becker Update

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

JFPowers

Phil Becker Update

Post by JFPowers »

I visited Phil tonight in McLaren North Hospital in Petoskey, he is in good spirits and recovering from his heart attack from yesterday. He is on the mend and hopes to be back on the island in a few days. He was pleased to see a visitor from the island and anyone in the area should stop in and see him. He is in Room 246 at the hospital. Best wishes Phil!!!
Daddy Franks

Post by Daddy Franks »

Great to hear! Thanks Jeff!! Phil can't wait to see you back on Island. Praying for a quick recovery♡♡
Kathie Ehinger
joddy

Post by joddy »

Hey Phil ~~ Get off your butt, you've got movies to show at the community center!! I do hope you heal well and soon!! all of our LOVE Beth & joddy
robertg

Post by robertg »

The choir hopes you'll be up and singing before long...
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Rob Groesbeck
The ex-K-8th-grade Science Teacher
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Thanks for all of the visits and help from Jeff Powers, Pat Cawley, Jon and Sally Fogg, my daughter Rachel who spent lots of time with me at the hospital and brought me things. Thanks for all of the supportive phone calls from everyone, too.

I can't speak enough positives on how BIRHC and our EMS handled my situation, and same with everyone on the mainland. You all helped to save my life without a doubt.

Home now, and just trying to absorb it all, many lifestyle changes coming up....
kboyle

Welcome Back

Post by kboyle »

We are glad to have you back home...
Diane Sowa

Post by Diane Sowa »

Missing you Mr. Bickerson! Get well soon!
Diane
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Thanks you two, and don't listen to Bickerson, Blanche.

He told me if I just rubbed some chicken fat on my chest everything would be fine!
pbona

Post by pbona »

Hey Phil,
Your heart is big enough to overcome this with plenty to spare! You'll have lots of time to "brush" up on those snowmobile parts manuals. Hope you heal fast.
Pat B.
duffer

Post by duffer »

so glad your ok phil love to chat and talk about all we talk about, I been sending prayers and glad your home, see you soon!
duffy
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Thanks, Duffy and Pat. I'm really trying to toe the line with the new meds, glucose testing everyday, not smoking and checking in at BIRHC regularly. One of the toughest parts to work with has been the new diet, but have had island ladies helping to feed me and teaching me how to eat healthy.

Special thanks for meals go out to Loretta Slater, Pam O'Brien, Pam Moxham, Sheri Richards and Larissa McGinnity. Thanks as well to Ann Partridge for the big bag of heart-healthy garlic cloves and recipe. Everyone's thoughtfulness has meant a great deal to me as I recover.