Road Dog: GIDGET

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

KyleMarvin

Road Dog: GIDGET

Post by KyleMarvin »

I was on my bike at the corner of McCauley's and King's Highway tonight at about 6:00 p.m. when I noticed a beagle mix following me. I called the number on the tag, but got no answer.

Gidget followed me all the way to 4 corners before turning around.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Gidget usually stops at the 4 corners for a little gas and snacks. Hope she makes it home okay before it gets too dark. :wink: How's my grammar and punctuation.:?:
Last edited by BI Pirate on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skull&CrossBones
KyleMarvin

Post by KyleMarvin »

You doubled up on your terminal punctuation, but otherwise you did very well. Gold star for you.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Back at you for helping Gidget get home. :D
Skull&CrossBones
YvonneCrandall

Post by YvonneCrandall »

That is Jeff Mestele dog
BMcCaw

Post by BMcCaw »

Gidget was just on her way to the Stoney/Danny's for one of the last weekends.
Brendan McCaw
KyleMarvin

Post by KyleMarvin »

I called the number on the tag several times, but no answer. This little dog could RUN. He kept pace with me for a bout 3 miles. I got ahold of Jeff Powers who assured me that this happens all the time.

If anyone knows the owner, please send him my number (231-239-1927). I left several messages at the number on Gidget's tag, but no reply. Might've been an old number.
BMcCaw

Post by BMcCaw »

So Gidget is with you?
Brendan McCaw
KyleMarvin

Post by KyleMarvin »

Negative; she disappeared near four corners. I had been on my bike for about 10 miles and was trying to make forward progress before my toes froze.
Last edited by KyleMarvin on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BMcCaw

Post by BMcCaw »

Just checked with Jeff Mestelle.Gidget is home safe.
Brendan McCaw
BMcCaw

Post by BMcCaw »

I forgot to double space after the last period.
Brendan McCaw
KyleMarvin

Post by KyleMarvin »

THANKS

That is sled dog in a beagle's body.
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

I passed Gidget last night on Kings Highway and as I slowed she came up to my door and let her in. I then checked all the local establishments for her owner and he was not located.

I decided to deliver her to home and found her owner engrossed in the Spartans basketball game......... =D> =D>

The spartans then proceeded to pull away and win the game..... I am not yet able to determine if Gidget being at home had any connection for the Spartan victory but it is possible :D
E. Naranjo

?

Post by E. Naranjo »

The last time I talked to Gidget she revealed a few things to me. 1, she is tired of being yelled at and is now 95% deaf. 2, She also told me that she is secretly seeing Hercules the cat and the two have constructed a tiny raft with which they plan on using to escape to Block Island.

The idea was for the two to meet at Stoney's and get a burger. Next get a 12 pack of Bud Light and a bag of tobacco at island energy. Then head out to Bonner's landing to make their long sought after escape!! 8)
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Go green Gidget! Gidget is a portmanteau of "girl" and "midget". Hard to believe she can run all the way to the 4 corners, pick up a six pack and chips, then run all the way home for the MSU B-ball game. That's a lot of dog in a little package.
Doc, nice of you to give her a lift. :D What happened to the six pack and chips. :?: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones