Christmas lights

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Avandyke

Christmas lights

Post by Avandyke »

My folks and I went out tonight to admire the lights in town. Started at the house on the far side of the school (had to go into the school driveway to properly see the lights in back of the house), went down Main Street, ooed at the big tree, past all the bright lit up homes along Michigan Ave, detoured up Lake Street with lots of gorgeous decorations, to the house with lights after it turns into a dirt road, uturn, ducked in the side street to admire the McGinnity's lights, back on Mich ave, another pretty string of lights on the corner, up to Yvonne's beautiful decorations, then turn around at the house with candles. If anyone living farther outside of town has put up decorations, we'd love to drive by and admire them. Tell us, and we will come!

It's so pretty at night. And noticed at least three houses using that new projector decoration idea. Thanks for the joyride.
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

The big tree in town looks especially beautiful this year!
Cindy
lindawearn

Post by lindawearn »

Barney's Lake Road down to Eagle Hill has some very nice decortations, too.
Avandyke

Post by Avandyke »

Thanks Linda, we will drive that way some night this week to look at them!
karens

Post by karens »

The house just past Welkes has some beautiful lights!
Avandyke

Post by Avandyke »

Thanks Karen, my night drive home is getting longer and better!
Avandyke

Post by Avandyke »

By the way, if anybody would like to drive around to look at the lights, but no longer drives at night (or at all) I would be delighted to have company on my drives. Call me 2280 and we can arrange our light tour!