The long Saga with the St. James Township Clerk continues

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

E. Naranjo

road fund

Post by E. Naranjo »

So... How can others qualify to have the road fund pay their electricity bill? I am wondering if the township pays for peoples monthly rent on homes as well?

](*,)
BmRice

Post by BmRice »

To Jean and Ken--
Jean's response to Ken's inquiry is ludicrous. You cannot tell me Great Lakes does not know where my electric meter is located.

Alice Belfy
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

The videos of their meetings show their lack of integrity and respect for the citizens and taxpayers. They use their positions for themselves and to get after people! The most recent meeting was so obvious. Why doesn't the state or the prosecutor come in and put a stop to this charade?
stardust

It takes a Village

Post by stardust »

Why has there not been an investigation by any state or federal agency Is it because that no one has the contacted any of them ??
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Mr. Taylor, I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a hopeful Happy New Year!

The shenanigans of these people and the incredible cost to the taxpayers of not just St. James Township but Beaver Island as a whole, the morale of people and the lack of proper rules and procedures needs to stop. I know that a majority of people stand with you but are unable to speak because of the small community.

Please know that your efforts are much appreciated!
YvonneCrandall

Stop

Post by YvonneCrandall »

Come on !!!! its Christmas leave it alone till after the Holidays
KaylynJ

Re: Stop

Post by KaylynJ »

But then what would they do with their free time?
Kaylyn Jones
martin

Post by martin »

How about this clerk that caused a fine to her township of $1704.61 and resigned because of it. St. James clerk caused $100,000 and still is the clerk.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /78347482/
martin
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

That ladies conscience got to her along with responsible board members who pointed out the facts! We don't seem to have that luxury. She has already ensured herself a spot in local history, that's for sure! I heard she threw a temper tantrum at the town hall the other night. Might as well add that to the list. She should resign, if there is a pension she should not get a dime of it until she returns the money she has been paid for doing nothing on the sewer causing a much bigger problem.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

The rest of the township board needs to step up here and be sure they play by the rules at least until they walk away in disgrace! What a terrible thing for such a small community!
stardust

township

Post by stardust »

The biggest problem is the the township is not run like a business, no performance reviews, no accountability. If the township was a company it would be bankrupt. I am still in shock that not one county or state agency has stepped in.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Mr. Taylor, are you telling us the same people responsible for not making the township clerk and treasurer do their jobs accurately. The same person who botched the record keeping and helped the township clerk and treasurer create records to falsify sewer records is being paid for this while we are paying for a special auditor and a new auditor?

The public needs to stand up here, it is your money!!
E. Naranjo

What time is it?

Post by E. Naranjo »

I'm not sure what time it is when you are reading this message but I do know that it is time to have an open discussion about who is running for office in the next election! I have excused myself from the last several meetings and am not up to date on most developments. So if there are people who are willing to prove that they are up to the task of representing us here at St. James I would like to hear more about you!
:wink:
bigbuck

Post by bigbuck »

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/ ... 5984_7.pdf

April 19th is the final date for filing for township offices
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Does the St. James Township board have a designated person responsible for preparing township information to be provided to the webmaster for posting to the township web page? Why is information so outdated and lagging?
Kirk