Message from Fr Jim Doherty

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Mike & Rose

Message from Fr Jim Doherty

Post by Mike & Rose »

Per Fr Jim request, we are posting his message he gave at Mass today

"There's a neat saying: 'IF YOU WANT MAKE GOD LAUGH...SHARE WITH HIM 'YOUR' PLANS...'

This I did...to God, my family, friends...that my assignment here at Holy Cross, Beaver Island would be MY LAST..RETIREMENT, BURIAL AND ALL THE REST...with Danny Gillespie, Ed Palmer's music...of course.

But God is in charge... not me.

A week ago Friday I met with Bishop Steven Raica having reached a prayer and prudent decision to retire from administrating any more parishes AS OF 'now' and in the future...given my age, 74 and health/heart concerns.

It is my prayful desire to live somewhere on the mainland of the Diocese from where I can better serve my brother priests as Sacramental Minister as needed in the parishes of the Diocese....along with my dog, 'Willow'.

My retirement is effective tomorrow, Monday June 8th, 2015.

THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME
Fr. Jim Doherty"
dtritsch

Post by dtritsch »

Best wishes Fr. Jim and God Bless.
Lois Sowa Stipp

Post by Lois Sowa Stipp »

Wishing you, Father Jim, only good things, happiness, love and blessings.
Lois Sowa Stipp
Phyllis Moore

Post by Phyllis Moore »

We will miss you, and Willow, so very much. We hope you keep in touch as you travel away from the island. You brought so much to us so thank you for that.
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Safe travels and farewell kind man! Thank you for being the light that brought many of us that felt in the dark back into our church. God Bless!
Jim

Post by Jim »

Father Jim,

Donna and I wish you fruitful travels to a rewarding, safe harbor for both Willow and you. You are a good man to have know.

Jim Stambaugh
Gary Voogt

Post by Gary Voogt »

What a sad day. A good, kind man of God run off the island by undeserved bullying by a mean minority. Father Jim was a friend of mine, and he welcomed me as a Protestant catholic. Remember, by the grace of God we belong to the Church.The church does not belong to us.
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

Father Jim: I will always remember and be forever grateful for the compassion and kindness you showed our family after the sudden loss of our young cousin, Chad, taken from us much too soon. I will also remember the many visits, prayers, and love of spice drops. God bless you and Willow in your future endeavors...❤️
Dick and Amy

Post by Dick and Amy »

We will miss you, and your gentle way. It has been a blessing just to have known you. May God bless you our friend.
duffer

Post by duffer »

ah from my heart. I am very sadden to see you go. the kind words the complimenting my son levi, counciling my ex. yes ill miss seeing you. GOD BLESS YOUR JOURNY!
duffy