when do the morels come out!?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

gavin cornell @ BILS

when do the morels come out!?

Post by gavin cornell @ BILS »

iv lived on the mainland and hunted morels most of my life, id like to get some on the island and cook em up for the kids here! just wondering when they are in season up here? any comments? Smile :D
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Gavin, They should start popping now. :D The deeper in the woods, the better. :D If you find any in sandy areas, take them to the Eager Beaver and run them through a couple of wash cycles to get the sand out. :roll: Good luck and don't ever reveal where you found them. :wink: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
stardust

shrooms

Post by stardust »

I thought that the best place for morels was on whiskey island right next to the pirates treasure :lol:
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

As I said, "...don't ever reveal where you found them." :!: :!: I'm so flush with morels over here on Whiskey Island that St. James Township is thinking of buying me out or buying me back again, not sure how that whole transaction would work. :P :lol:
Good scrounging to everyone but beware of false morels, they can as dangerous as false prophets on a forum. :roll: :roll:
Skull&CrossBones
gavin cornell @ BILS

Post by gavin cornell @ BILS »

false morels? arnt those just beefsteaks? and they are not as good but just as good
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Run a search online for false morels. :!: False morels, not to be confused with loose morals, are not beefsteaks. :roll: False morels are poisonous. :shock: You don't hear much about them because those who eat them have switched from mushrooming to now pushing up daisies. :cry:
A PSA from the Pirate. 8)
Skull&CrossBones