St. James Township General Fund Millage election

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

JPike

Post by JPike »

Hot Air,

Trust me, as a land owner on BI of a rather large tract of land, I pay my fair share of taxes...more than likely, more than you. My statement was that, if you want accountability....start with yourself! In addition, I find it laughable that you would question my support of BI........ I support local businesses as much as possible: air fare, boat freight, restaurants, groceries, hardware, carpentry, an adult beverage or ten, vehicles coming and going, etc....don't try to lecture me as if you are an adult...you are a faceless/nameless coward! In addition, as an out of state landowner, I paid around $700 dollars in licenses for the PRIVLEGE to hunt on BI......

Again, if you want to sit down with an accountant, and find out who's the adult...I welcome the first opportunity....please show your face....

Jared D Pike

"I live IN TAMPA, FL, I live FOR Beaver Island, MI"
Jared Pike
megsing3

2015!!!

Post by megsing3 »

This years' parade theme:
"Beaver Island! where the eligible don't register and the registered don't vote"

Has anyone stuck at the job-site on voting day considered selling their one vote to a non-apathetic vacationer?
JPike

Post by JPike »

Thank you for the kind sentiments!

The whole point of my original comment in this thread (previous posts/comments)....whether we agree or disagree, is to have accountability, correct? We want accountability for this and that....if one is calling for accountability, is it not fair to ask for the same, in return???

No collective community will ever completely agree on a particular item, and that is what makes our country so great....however, to not be able to reveal oneself, when making comments/accusations is quite juvenile. Anyway....just my thoughts....accountability starts with the "Man in the Mirror"
Jared Pike
stardust

You need two nickles to give your 2 cents

Post by stardust »

I got three things I got to put out there after reading this thread

1) If you do not own a home or property on the island how can you make a comments like
"If I can't afford BI, it becomes out of reach for 3/4 of the population with less."

2) If you do not know how to keep your mouth shut and pants on don't move to the island

3) If you do not have two nickels then do not give your two cents
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

OK, I know I deleted some that should or shouldn't have been but I actually have a job too and my boss want's me to work like any of you. Stop with the coward bullshit or baiting bullshit!! Does ANYONE want to know the truth or is it mindless defense because it's your cousin? Well, they are virtually all of my cousins...I want the facts and the truth. I don't like posting names in this case but Jared, a new proud father, lighten up! You are not paying attention apparently, and I don't care where you went to school or how big you were or Uncle Steve or anything else but the facts. We deleted many posts on this forum because the back biting got so bad. The jig is up, the back biting in this case is to cover up lies? Bullshit! Not on my nickel. The election, presumably fostered by the people who represent you was only supported by 72 people, seriously? Are we that apathetic in this country and God save us, this small Island anymore that we THINK everything is ok? It doesn't matter (as an administrator) of this forum anymore if someone posts a valid question until the misrepresentations and financial demise of this community are brought to bear. Many people are scared out of their wits about this, why wouldn't they be? Ask about the reality and the cure for God's sake, the question and answer is far more important than who asked, I hope we can agree on that!
Kendra Vera Thorson

Post by Kendra Vera Thorson »

So the forum "rules" only pertain to certain individuals I see!! Posts by those not using their real names should also be deleted! Right???
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Seems like the posts that are contrary to good moral behavior have been deleted, name or no name. The post is what is important, not the name. If you need to know everyone's name, check out the other forum.
Kendra Vera Thorson

Post by Kendra Vera Thorson »

Check out Rule #2 "Hunter"
Enough said! Just thought I'd point out the hypocrisy!
jimmyd65

Post by jimmyd65 »

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"

Saying attributed to Harry Truman but might be from anonymous.

By the way, the rules state "please" use real names and anonymous posts "may" (not will) be deleted.
Last edited by jimmyd65 on Thu May 07, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

The pattern since the beginning of this forum has been shoot the messenger and to hell with the message. If I had it to do over again, I would also post anonymously for that very reason.
My grandchildren dubbed me Sponge Bob Square Pants (sbsp) but I think everyone knows it's me.
Kirk