Peaine Township Board

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Trish Scott

Peaine Township Board

Post by Trish Scott »

Kudos to the Peaine Township Board. I've been impressed by our elected officials and especially with the leadership of our township supervisor, Bill Kohls. Thank you all.
carolburton

Paving in Peaine

Post by carolburton »

I agree! Here is a link to the cost of paving our roads and the reality of doing so. It is a great step when all of the information is presented to the public so that we as a group can make educated decisions. Survey and other information about this topic coming soon. Thank you Bill and all of the others involved

Information relating to the cost of paving roads in Peaine Township is available on the township web site â?? http://www.charlevoixcounty.org/peainetwp.asp
burton
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Well done, Bill Kohls and the Peaine Board! In addition, they worked to obtain a road grader too!
McGrass
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Excellent work. Anxious to see what a difference the road grader will make.
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

I should have added that they have also increased the budget for dust control. I am hoping that they have added West Side Drive at least to Fox Lake which would just be a blessing for everyone driving the loop and those going to the famous Big Rock and Big Tree. I am sure that dust control will help bring people back to the island because they will be able to enjoy it and two keep us all safe. It is so hard to see through the dust that someone could get hurt. Proactive on the safety issues :)
burton
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

While working in human resources we were often called into situations where morale was low. We invariably discovered in the customer service business that employees would receive 9 negative comments to every 1 positive. Those negative comments were usually coming from the managers. To correct the problem of low morale, we had to change the way managers look at the total picture of accomplishing positive outcomes. Don't dwell on the negatives, identify them and correct them. Spend more time focusing on the positives and reward them. The easiest way to do that is to catch someone doing something RIGHT and praise them publically.
Townships are not that dissimilar from the work place. Township officials work for the taxpayers. As taxpayers we need to be mindful to catch our officials doing something RIGHT and praising them publically. All of us are aware of the negatives that have happened and we are facing, so let's just identify them, correct them and move on together.
Both townships have good people doing good things. They deserve praise for things they are doing well.

Kirk

PS - Andy is correct. There are higher priorities than posted minutes as long as we all know that posting minutes is on the short list for being corrected.
KaylynJ

Post by KaylynJ »

It's always a pleasure to film the Peaine meetings, concise and to the point!
Kaylyn Jones