Summer Jazz/Blues Band Anyone?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

ksurfer

Summer Jazz/Blues Band Anyone?

Post by ksurfer »

I'm a guitarist with 45 years experience hoping to find other musicians (especially bass and percussion) to put together a jazz/blues combo this summer. I've been doing a lot of Brazilian jazz lately but am open to other things as well depending on the interest. This is all for fun but if it works out a few local gigs would be fun too. I live on Donegal Bay and I'll be on the island from June 20 to mid Sept. this year. You can hear some of the things I'm doing now at: https://soundcloud.com/screvenc/sets/trio-material. These are acoustic guitar recordings but I also play electric.

EMAIL: chris.screven@msn.com

Chris Screven
asilasun

Post by asilasun »

I wish I could play something, but alas, I can't- I listened though, and you're very good!

Lisa
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

Chris,
Listened to your material, sounds great! You may be interested in the music festival just for some fun and open-mic on Saturday. www.bimf.net
Some suggestions for guys who might want to play and do some things with you are Paul Lamb and PJ (Paul) Niehaus. Look them up
burton