Could Islam be the mark of the beast?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

E. Naranjo

Could Islam be the mark of the beast?

Post by E. Naranjo »

As time goes by prophecy tends to reveal itself. Watch this video and decide for yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpl_CwiTL3E
salwag

Extremism of any kind....

Post by salwag »

....so do we really want to go there on this forum? Religious extremism is found in all sectors, from Christianity to Islam and many others. Not very long ago, on these very lands, religious conviction and extremism resulted in the worst acts of terrorism on this continent, in the name of a Christian God - just ask our Odawa and Ojibwe neighbors. So for me, i prefer we not fan the flames of whose God or whose religion is on the side of righteousness.....rather, let us Judge any group or individual based on their desire to accept and co-exist with one another in as peaceful a manner as we humans can muster. And so far, I am rather disappointed in most religions when it comes to that - seems as if most feel the need to convert or condemn. Islamist extremists are not representative of the Islam religion as a whole, same as would be for a Christian extremist group to Christianity as a whole. Please let us be careful about generalizations that will pit one religion against another, or one culture against another, or one race against another, or one community against another, etc, etc, etc.
James Bakker

Post by James Bakker »

Thank you salwag for your excellent points on why we don't want this thread to continue.
E. Naranjo

extremism

Post by E. Naranjo »

salwag, I hope you are not surprised that I agree with you in almost every point you make! In my opinion religion has and sometimes does suit the agenda of the devil. However one cannot let that wound them in their pursuit to know the Elohim (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). As a side note; several years ago I poured concrete for the new Islamic Center in down town Dearborn. We were told not to strike up a conversation with any Islamic women. The reason why was that if a Islamic man saw a woman talking to another man who she was not related to he could strike her down or possibly worse. Dearborn police honor sharia law!!! At the same time my view of Islamic people in Dearborn was that they seemed to be peaceful. What I was told did not shape an opinion of fear or hate within me.

People who know me know that I am not a religious person. At the same time I love many people from a whole multitude of religions. I do not condemn or hate. I am not judging. I am not fanning any flames. It seems as though you have formed an opinion or conclusion that I am out to get a particular group of people. I am not. What I attempted to do was offer a possible answer to a question that has been on the table for over 2000 years.

Let me postulate. Many years before I was born religious factions and extremists attempted to carve this planet up for their own agendas. John, the author of the Book of Revelation, was given insight into the future. He was told to write down what he saw. Not what he thought he understood. Since then thousands of people for one reason or another have given their opinion on what the "Mark of the Beast" is. Today we are being told that it will be a micro chip "verichip" that will be placed in your wrist so that you will be free from electronic theft such as credit card fraud. Because I am interested in prophecy and the Scriptures I study them. I have found that a Strong's concordance is necessary because the scriptures were originally written in Hebrew and Greek. When they were translated to English several words did not translate. That problem has opened the door for much misinterpretation that has in turn opened the door for the extremism, terrorism and conviction that we both deplore.

If I do not understand something I can do 1 of 2 things. I can form an often untrue snap judgement on something and put it to rest (also known as an opinion). Or, I can keep an open mind (without spewing hate or judgement) and study the issue deeper. My intentions are to do the latter. Since I know there are other people of different faith out there who are interested in prophecy as well, I have decided to offer this small tidbit of "new" information to them. No hate, no judgement, just information. So far no one has come forward with those characteristics and it is my hope that that does not happen. In conclusion, I will continue to exercise my right to communicate things that I feel will interest others and I apologize to those who are offended! Eric 8)
salwag

Island Related Topics

Post by salwag »

...I am interested in more closely Island related subjects on this forum. I will go to other sites for lively discussions that are less related to island happenings and people. The best way to stop a thread is to not repond to it. No offense but am not interested in pursuing these kinds of things here. I am glad the moderator does not censor subjects though - let the community decide by keeping it going or not...more about the loons, meetings, school functions, local political info, etc! Yeah!
KaylynJ

Post by KaylynJ »

Religion is always and interesting, albeit heated, topic of discussion.

I'm not sure how it's relevant to the Beaver Island Forum, however.
Kaylyn Jones
E. Naranjo

Relevant to the B.I. forum??

Post by E. Naranjo »

I guess I was under the impression that a person could post under a variety of topics. It seems like people post according to what interests them. Yes? No? I read Wikipedia's definition of a forum. Didn't see anything about excluding religion. Nothing about freedom of speech (yet). It is probably coming though! :x
duffer

Post by duffer »

all ill say is religion is a touchy subject, like the middle east if i give my 2 cents others will judge. i just soon keep my faith and belief between me and my god!
duffy
Kim Connaghan Jones

Post by Kim Connaghan Jones »

Religion was a topic on this forum before and it led to no good. I think people come here to see island relate topics, hence the name Beaver Island Forum.
KaylynJ

Post by KaylynJ »

And forums are meant for certain topics, this one being Beaver Island. If you want to discuss how you're not religious but still enjoy spreading religious propaganda you could always make your own forum. Proboards is a nice website.
Kaylyn Jones
E. Naranjo

huge lack of understanding.

Post by E. Naranjo »

There seems to be a huge lack of understanding here. Case in point; a couple of weeks ago I had a brief encounter with someone here. I gave this person a sincere compliment and they told me to go @#$k myself because they didn't have time for my s%4t! People are not understanding what I am trying to say. I don't think the message is that difficult. Sometimes I think that people really need someone to abuse.

I would attempt to better explain myself with analogies or sincere dialogue but I am getting the impression that people just do not want to try and understand what it is that I am trying to say. At the very least it seems as though people have no desire to get along.

:( :(
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Sorry, but whenever a conversation degrades to someone starting to tell me, "You just don't understand" about any subject
I find myself ...well, yawning
because more often than not, I have already "Been there.. done that and bought that T-shirt".... and am just trying to be polite to the newcomer to that particular subject who has yet to encompass the idea that I too, have a well thought out position .....
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin