Comments on St. James Township's Annual Meeting

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

duffer

Post by duffer »

i find it interesting that your attacking some one who screwed up? i don't think its attacking, its a serious question of what went wrong? you know like anything like this there are only the ones in charge to blame, blame for what? thats what this is about. i do find it interesting that no books can be found, having been self employed my whole life i have always kept records. so where are they, i can't imagine there are ton,s of napkins with writing on them. the full investigation i imagine will have to sort that out, the lack of records is a crime in its self? so to cast blame? thats not what is happening. to understand how and why is. if something criminal comes out, shame on them simple. rules all mothers instill in their children!
duffy
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Essentially not ONE question has been answered by those responsible specifically for this mess, not one! They sit there and act as if they've done nothing, in the meantime the community suffers! Some genius came in to the annual meeting the other day to declare that is is the auditors fault, great way to steer blame away from your own but that is NOT the case. The fault starts at home but yes, the auditor has blame to share for not correcting these longstanding errors.

The township clerk knows very well where the blame lies and needs to acknowledge it. We need to move ahead but we cannot just sweep this under the rug! Someone else remarked about the public humiliation of these officials, you have got to be kidding! Hundreds of thousands of dollars proven to be misspent and mismanaged, let's review ALL of the paid outs for a period of years and see who actually suffers the humiliation and financial burden.

There are ongoing investigations of this problem. If those locally who are responsible cannot step up a higher authority will sort out the known facts.