Beaver Beacon

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

cindyr

Beaver Beacon

Post by cindyr »

I am going to be putting out the Beacon for a while.
As for Jeff Cashman and his reasons for this, he will explain in his own words and in his own time.
As for me, this is a very scary undertaking: there is a lot to learn and much to do. It's intimidating: Jeff and Bill Cashman set the bar very high. I've had to come to grips with the idea that I could disappoint huge numbers of regular readers, and fall flat on my face in a very public way. Still, it is an opportunity I could not refuse.
Jeff has been a tremendous help, and will be assisting me with the next issue while I struggle to learn new software and processes. I've been writing in early mornings and late nights around my other jobs.
I need your help! While engaged in other activities, I did not cover several events that should be covered in the Beacon. My list looks like this:
The Christmas Cantata
Irish Christmas in America
Live Radio Show of It's a Wonderful Life
Last boat of the season
Coast Guard cutter picking up the Buoys
Russian language classes/ craft evenings at the library
Children's Christmas program (this one, I think I have covered)
The Christmas shopping event last Sunday
Santa and Mrs. Claus visiting the island
There may be other important things I've missed, that I don't even know about!
If anyone can give me the "rundown" on any of these events, so that I can do a write-up, I would certainly appreciate it. Photos would be an added bonus!
My Email is cindyr49782@yahoo.com - or you can always catch up with me at the hardware store.
Thank you!
Cindy
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Best wishes to you in this exciting, albeit somewhat daunting, endeavor. You've got this! Go Cindy!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Cindy, Sail close to the wind, eye on the mark, trust your compass and with your bounty of talents all will be fine. :D :D :D
Skull&CrossBones
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

I never thought I would agree with the Pirate. It must be a Christmas miracle! You can do this Cindy!
Donegaljim

Post by Donegaljim »

Sounds like a good fit. I am sure you will do well.
Jim Birdsall
Lois Sowa Stipp

Post by Lois Sowa Stipp »

You will do a great job. You are so capable and this will be an exciting new adventure for you. Way to go, cuz
Lois Sowa Stipp