Please don't cut my trees

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

K Webster

Please don't cut my trees

Post by K Webster »

It seems that someone likes to cut down or top off trees around the Roosevelt Schoolhouse, probably for Christmas, leaving me to deal with the mess. I'm asking whomever is doing this to please stop. I've resisted for over a decade to post "No Trespassing" signs as I find them to be unsightly so I am using the forum to request respect for my property.

Keith
Keith Webster
Font View Ct/Roosevelt Schoolhouse
Ann Arbor, MI
kueblerruns

LOL-

Post by kueblerruns »

:lol:
kueblerruns

Chop/Chop!!

Post by kueblerruns »

scrooge!!
kueblerruns

relax man!!

Post by kueblerruns »

this land is for everyone!!
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Most unfortunate. Hoping folks will respect your request and stop abusing your property. Suggestion: give some business to the LaFrenieres who grow Christmas trees.
Treasures

Post by Treasures »

Great Lakes Energy trimmed the tops of the spruce and cedar that were growing up into the power lines along King's Highway . Those may be the ones to which you are referring . They were here a few years ago to clear limbs and brush under the lines. I'm not sure what area around the school you mean, but maybe this will answer some questions for you.

Jim Stambaugh
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Roosevelt School is known to be haunted. I don't remember the whole story but it involved the woodcutter's son. The woodcutter lived in the swamp lands south of the McCauley cut off. Everyone said he was not right in the head. His son attended Roosevelt school until his unexplained disappearance. It is said that his ghost has been seen several times walking the roads to the school and also in the building.
You can check the court records but the father claims he sent his son out for wood one night and was told not to return without 3 cords , maybe it was 3 face cords, I don't remember the details. That was the last anyone saw of the wee lad.
My advise, don't pick anyone up at night walking along those roads, especially someone carrying an ax.
Or, Jim might be right. It is just GLE trimming the wires, I'll let you decide. :shock:
Skull&CrossBones