Angela Kohls â?? Candidate for BICS Board

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Wkohls

Angela Kohls â?? Candidate for BICS Board

Post by Wkohls »

In my experience, an elected official will do a good job of representing the Beaver Island community when he/she is a good listener, understands what the boardâ??s role is (and isnâ??t), cares about openness in decision-making processes, communicates well, and avoids being a mouthpiece for any special or personal interests. These are the qualities our community needs on the Board of the Beaver Island Community School.

This is why I am pleased that my wife, Angela â??Andyâ?￾ Kohls, is a write-in candidate to serve a partial term on the school board. I admire her objectivity and willingness to set aside her personal interests in pursuit of common goals. Sheâ??s a bridge builder and served on several boards in the Ionia area. Sheâ??s president of Friends of Beaver Island Animals (the Animal Fund) and has been active in Hospice and Helping Hands since we became full-time Islanders. She is well qualified to serve on the BICS Board.

Andy is an independent thinker (believe me, I know!) and maintains high standards for integrity and candor. Sheâ??s a no-nonsense business owner who is used to providing high-quality service to customers. Sheâ??s a great supporter of our school and community, with a strong sense of whatâ??s right and whatâ??s wrong.

I fully expect that Andy will consistently and fairly pursue the best interests of the Beaver Island Community School while carefully balancing the interests of the schoolâ??s various constituencies.

I hope youâ??ll join me in writing in "Angela Kohls" to serve a partial term on your ballot.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Apparently leaders can use the Forum to post when it serves their self interest but not the publics'?

Clarification: My post above was in response to a post on another thread: ....."Also honestly I would be surprised if any township official would respond on this forum , not a real good way to do business".
It was not meant to be a reflection on any candidate running for the school board election.

Kirk
Last edited by sbsp on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

this editorial has been removed by me...
JB
Last edited by John Bolton on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Thank you John for your kind words. This is an old post though that Kirk brought up to the top, apparently others must have agreed with him as I didn't win. :-)
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Andy,
My bad. I was being lazy in my approach to the forum.
I didn't see the posting date.
In excuse.... since I am not a full time resident and am not able to vote, nor notified when there is an election... I just assumed that once again, all you "islanders" were having yet another round of voting on the school board issue.....

See, if you are not "on island" there is not much news that gets out over the moat.
...yet another reason I wish our elected officials would make comments and lead some thoughtful and courteous discussions on this board..
Anyway, it is at least good to know you will not be disappearing from this forum community.
And I still stand by my endorsement...
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin