Beads of Courage open studio

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Beaver Island Jewelry

Beads of Courage open studio

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

Hi Everyone:

Beads of Courage (www.beadsofcourage.org) is an organization that provides arts in medicine programs for children with serious illness. The children receive beads for coping with various operations and procedures. It helps them record, tell and own their story of courage.

You are invited to stop by my studio (32040 E. Side Drive) and see how glass beads are made and if possible make a donation to this worthy cause. You can sponsor a bead for a child in treatment ($5) or make a donation to this 501(c)(3) organization.

What you do is pick out a bead that I already made, donate your $5/bead and I will send the money and beads to the Beads of Courage program headquarters in Arizona to be distributed to the hospitals in the program.

The Program is a resilience-based intervention designed to support and strengthen children and families coping with serious illness. Through the program children tell their story using colorful beads as meaningful symbols of courage that commemorate milestones they have achieved along their unique treatment path. Please see www.BeadsofCourage.org for more information.

Open Studio is Tuesday, September 9, 11:30 A.M. TO 2 P.M. Phone 2205 if you have questions.

Nancy
Beaver Island Jewelry

TODAY Beads of Courage Day

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

Open Studio at Beaver Island Jewelry today 11:30 to 2 p.m. See how glass beads made. Purchase a bead for Beads of Courage - you buy a bead and the bead plus the money are sent to Beads of Courage organization for children with serious illness. The children love getting the beads as they complete procedures in their illness.

At "Serenity Now" on E. Side Drive, before you get to campground.

Nancy