St. James Township Sewer Issue

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Sounds like a joke to me. :lol: Did you hear the one about a CPA, attorney and an engineer trying to get to the bottom of a sewer system? :roll: :wink: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Here's a serious question, all joking aside. The sewer pump back system was developed for the few businesses and others in the harbor area at their expense to install and operate, if I'm correct. Who will be paying for the attorney, CPA and engineer to perform their assessment of what appears to be a failing system? Is it fair that all taxpayers of St. James Township pay for the assessment and repair costs? That would mean the joke's on us.

Kirk
Campbell60tr34@aol.com

Sewer issue

Post by Campbell60tr34@aol.com »

Why not take all that s...- stuff, fill a bunch of barrels marked " Rum " and send it to Whiskey Island?
Jim Campbell
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Good idea Jim but I doubt the Pirate would fall for it since something like this was tried 150+ years ago in these same waters....here is an old reference

" INDIAN WHISKEY.

The most profitable, and at the same time, the most ruinous trade Mackinac ever had is that of Whiskey. Indian Whiskey is made by putting two gallons of common Whiskey, or un-rectified spirits, to thirty gallons of water, and adding red pepper enough to make it fiery, and tobacco enough to make it intoxicating. Its cost is not above five cents per gallon.--Thousands of barrels have been sold every year, the prices generally being fifty cents a gallon by the cask, twenty-five [Page 15] cents a quart by the bottle, and six cents a drink.

I think it would take a lot to make s*&^ intoxicating....
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Jim, You might be onto something more than the usual stinking - thinking. :mrgreen: Scrap the sewer system that is costing money and convert it into something that could make money. What if the sewer system could be cleaned out and re-engineered into a still. Through reverse osmosis, booze could be pumped back to all the hook ups in the harbor. :roll: Now that's a plan everyone could drink to. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones