Why such a long title? MMMT?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

MMMT

Why such a long title? MMMT?

Post by MMMT »

Let me give you a little background on my title and myself. First of all, I'm Rebekah, 29 years old, graduated from Blue Heron Academy. Blue Heron Academy was started by Dr Gregory Lawton, a man with many degrees and titles, one of which is a chiropractor. He started the school to help abused women become independent, and to learn healing. Now, as for the 'Medical' part of the massage, the school only teaches techniques that have scientific studies to back them as a way to help facilitate faster healing. If it doesn't have the backing, I didn't learn it. The school did not claim that other techniques didn't work, they just don't have the studies to back them. To gain the 'medical' part of my title I was in class for 6 months, 23 hours every week, and that is what is required to become Liscensed in MI.
The 'Manual' part of my title comes for an additional 6 months of training, where they taught techniques that are best described as a mash up of massage, chiropractic, and physical therapy. Now don't take me wrong, I'm not a chiropractor, and I'm not a PT, there are just some similarities. Like a chiro, I do some bony lever techniques, not to make an adjustment, but to stretch the ligaments attached to the bones. Like a PT, I will move your body to get a little deeper into an area without hurting you. Say you have a rotator cuff problem, I will manouver your arm so that I get deeper into the shoulder girdle, so I can reach the injured area better.

I am not coming to the island to stomp on toes, I am coming to the island to provide a different service that you currently don't have access to. If this sounds like something that could help you, then I look forward to meeting you!
Rebekah Russell MMMT insured member of the American Medical Massage Association,
My name is Rebekah Russell, I am a certified Medical Manual Massage Therapist, I charge $60 an hour, $90 for and hour and a half. I specialize in medium to deep tissue massage. I am very professional and follow HIPAA laws.
KJWhitecraft

Portable table for use

Post by KJWhitecraft »

Rebekah,
I do look forward to meeting you and sharing like minded healthy ideas. I have a few portable tables here on the isl. and would be happy to let you use one. I have had the opportunity to work closely with 3
chiropractors on the island over the years and am always ready to learn more as the body is such a wonderful piece of work. Please feel free to call if I can be of assistance.
To good health,
Karen
K.J. Whitecraft
MMMT

Portable table to use

Post by MMMT »

Hi Karen,
Thank you for the very generous offer of the use of your table, I would just feel horrible if something happened to it, so I am planning on bringing up my extra table. I am also looking forward to meeting you, and possibly exchanging massages? I try to get at least one a week just to maintain everything. I am very excited to be heading up there soon!
Sincerely,
Rebekah
duffer

massage

Post by duffer »

thats very cool to have you on board, i do rolfing and cranial sacral massage, went to the new mexico academy of healing arts currently working at the house of rue in charlevoix. hope to meet, JEFF
duffy