To the camouflage dressed motorcycle rider

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Rahn

To the camouflage dressed motorcycle rider

Post by Rahn »

I don't deal well with blood and bodily fluids. I also don't like anybody getting hurt on Beaver Island (or anyplace else), especially if it's preventable. Now, I know that Forrest Gump says "you can't fix stupid", but there's a first time for everything. So for your own happiness, if not mine, SLOW DOWN AND WEAR SOMETHING HIGHLY VISIBLE!

Wearing camouflage in the woods is for hunting, not for trusting your life to all the old people driving around, including me, who don't have the reflexes or vision they used to, and frankly, would never dream that someone would want to drive fast around Beaver Island. It kind of misses the point.

You may think I'm being rude, but the truth is, I'm hoping to save you a great deal of hurt.

Barb
karens

Post by karens »

Someone told me once that when people come over here on vacation, they leave their brains at home. IT IS SO TRUE!!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

My advise, if you are seeing him on the road, tell him his camo is not working. :lol: If it was working, you'd only see a motorcycle traveling like a bat out of h#@@. :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

let natural selection take care of this problem.
I only hope the rider takes out a tree, not a human or a car or a deer...a tree can take it
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

John, So not everyone from California is a tree hugger. :shock: You might want your post to be "rock". Regardless of the obstruction, if camo-boy is ejected more than 5 meters from the point of impact, dressed as he is they will never find him. Only the motor cycle will be found which I might buy and attach a sidecar to and ride with you and the Island Angels this summer. :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Yet, the ants will find the rider ( to be totally PC, not necessarily a "Him") and the natural order will be maintained.
BTW: It is the Beaver Bikers, not the Island Angels... unless your are going to go be a 1%'er

Sidecars are used in order not to tip over when leaving the Pub.....
I got the idea when I had Scooby, my three legged dog back in the 1970's , remember her?
Ben Franklin
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Beaver Bikers it is! 8) I just ordered new leathers with Island Angels on the back, will call and see if I can change the order. :? The tough part will be removing the Angles tattoo. I'm thinking laser takes forever but sand blasting is immediate. :roll:
Not sure I remember Scooby but Tug is ready to ride, in the sidecar, has his own goggles. :wink:
If there are no more speeding reports on camo-boy, how about we let him ride with us or hang with us.
:idea:
Last edited by BI Pirate on Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skull&CrossBones
Campbell60tr34@aol.com

Camo

Post by Campbell60tr34@aol.com »

So if you are going to do over 70 or 80 MPH on your MC you should wear HUNTER ORANGE, HUNTER ORANGE!
Jim Campbell
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Ride with US?
My Russian built clunker has a top speed of about 45 mph.
Besides... I wouldn't know who I was riding with... since you are an enigma in your own mind and Camo Boy(girl) is driving way too fast for this old fart.
BTW:Orange is the new Black....
Ben Franklin