The Law?????

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Pirate

The Law?????

Post by BI Pirate »

Should I be worried :?: I keep hearing the word "law" mentioned a lot.:roll:
Skull&CrossBones
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Your probably safe as long as you stay on Whiskey. The last time I was there I got separated from Bud Martin's party because the trails through the 9 foot high Ground Hemlock were nearly impenetrable. I'd just do a double check and reinforce your hidden escape routes and keep your trusted sentries posted, this should allow you at least an hour or two to maintain a safe distance from any bumbling "Boss Hog" type....
woody

Post by woody »

I think you are safe, it's us who have to worry.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Hey Doc, Good advise. My trusty lookout is Dammit, my parrot. I won him in a game of chance down in Key West. I was told he could speak by the mate trying to increase the pot. I worked with him for weeks to get him to say even one word. Finally, in desperation, I yelled, "say something, dammit ". Now he is a one word bird. But, he's got the eye of an eagle and warns me whenever anyone is approaching like Buddy's exploration group when the Ruling Order over there was putting it to Buddy on the big land swap. I thought you were going to wander the island for hours before you hooked back up with Buddy. :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
Eric N

one creative pirate

Post by Eric N »

BI pirate, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to the library this Thursday at 7:00 p.m. for our creative writing and poetry class. I think that you would be a real asset. If your sail is still torn from the last storm you may be able to hire Captain Mike to pick you up in the Resolute! Hope to see you and your cursing parrot. Eric
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Eric, Thanks for the invitation, sounds like great fun. I'm not good at poetry but I have a killer pen for limericks, most of which can't be printed or even repeated. Unfortunately, Thursdays is when I take Dammit to the audiologist for videonystagmography and electrophysiologic testing to find out why he is only a one word parrot. :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Woody, Your concerns about the law over there kept me awake all night. I came to the conclusion that you need not worry unless the ferry gives two blasts when entering the harbor. If you hear that, head for the outer islands for it surely signals there be a lawman on the boat. :roll: Talk to any of the old timers about that and they can fill you in with stories. Try to catch Don Cole for some of those stories at coffee. :wink:
Skull&CrossBones