American Flag illuminated at the Veterans Park

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

AMVETS POST 46

American Flag illuminated at the Veterans Park

Post by AMVETS POST 46 »

Thanks to Tony Green the American flag at the Veterans Memorial Park will be illuminated after dark. Currently the timer is set for sundown until 1:00 PM but we'll turn it off during the 4th of July fireworks and set it back when the harbor if full of boats at anchor.

Thanks to Green Electric for this nice addition to the park.
AMVETS POST 46
BOX 319
BEAVER ISLAND, MI 49782
amvetspost46@yahoo.com
mbj

Post by mbj »

Thank you Amvets. We love the Memorial Park and visit to see our son's brick whenever we come up. Thanks for illuminating the flag as well. Our son died in Iraq in 2007. Every flag reminds us of his sacrifice in Iraq. Chuck and Mary Johnson
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

It looked absolutely beautiful last night, great job!!
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

View of the park at night for those of you who donâ??t live on the island (or like me that can't stay up late). One still picture and a YouTube video, both taken last night.

Bob Tidmore

http://youtu.be/o4MWj0Xx4ik

BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I fly the Jolly Roger over Whiskey Island, illuminated by an old whale oil ship's lamp.
Yours is a sight to behold in honor of all veterans. Beaver Island can be very proud. From an old Navy vet going back to 1845, accept my expression of appreciation for all those who made the memorial possible even in the face of some adversity. And, thanks to all those who keep it in immaculate condition for all who pay their respect to the service and sacrifice of veterans everywhere. When entering your harbor, it is the first thing I see and salute for all those who came before and all those who will follow - Let Freedom Ring.
Skull&CrossBones