There are two people I would like to address.

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Eric N

There are two people I would like to address.

Post by Eric N »

The first person is John Brady Robert. Since the beginning of the school year I have watched you. I have seen you sweep the school sidewalks, as well as shovel snow. I realize that there are several other boys and girls who help as well but I am pointing you out because you seem to take these chores on more than the others. This makes you a leader in your community. Not once have I seen or heard you complain! On the occasions that I have helped you on this sidewalks you thanked me every time. That says a lot about your character. You are setting a fine example for both students and others to follow without receiving any money. Life is not about how much money we can make. It is (in my opinion) about helping our friends and family through the daily situations that we all encounter. Hard work, Honesty and Integrity will take you very far in your life. It will also establish a outstanding reputation that will far exceed in value any amount of money. So to you and your classmates at BICS I will say, keep up the good work and THANK YOU! The second person I will talk about is to this day still anonymous. I live at the very end of a "plowed road" that is not a priority. I am just thank full that the county can get to us with their trucks. Sometimes the portion in front of our house does not get plowed as wide as the main roads. This has never been a problem and is completely understandable. However, there is a mystery person who has faithfully came after the plow trucks and has widened our road as well as the areas around our driveway. This type of ethic sticks out in my mind as highly commendable. Imagine a island full of people that all looked out for their neighbors! How much different would our lives be if we knew that when we were sick or disabled we could count on random persons of the community to help us through the hard times? So to you Mr. or Mrs. anonymous, THANK YOU! I am encouraged by the things I have seen! Eric N
joddy

sick

Post by joddy »

I would like like to thank Eric N. for taking the time to write such a positive piece about our neighbors on beaver island.
At the end of your message you mention how nice it would be to
know that, if you are sick, someone from the community will help.
I, myself, am in ill health and I can not begin to name !!!!(ALL)!!!!
of the people in so many capacities and in so many ways that have been there to help me and my family. A loving thank you goes out
to all of them, and another thank you to Eric N. for your community
support. joddy
debrob2

Thank you

Post by debrob2 »

Thank you Mr. Naranjo, for your kind words about my son. He, like so many here on Beaver Island, has a kind heart and a strong work ethic. I thank you for noticing. I read your message to him and, before I could even tell him who wrote it he said, "I know who said that. It must be the guy who shovels with me in the morning!"