Beaver Island Ice Classic

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

dtritsch

Post by dtritsch »

Hi, Don here for Bob Tidmore, who is off island today. The tower went in today 4-28 at 11:01 AM. Bob will return tomorrow and announce the winner.
BeaverIslandAssociation

Post by BeaverIslandAssociation »

Shot of the tower in the water, understand it went in quick. When the Center opens tomorrow we'll go thru the tickets and post the winner.

Thanks to all of those who purchased tickets this year.

The Beaver Island Association
P.O. Box 390
Beaver Island, MI 49782

beaverislandassociation@gmail.com
Kathy Speck

Post by Kathy Speck »

Did I misunderstand the above post somehow? I thought the Preservation Association of Beaver Island (PABI) was the organization that sponsored the Ice Classic fundraiser, NOT Beaver Island Association which is a totally separate organization on the Island.
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

Good question Kathy, I also post for the BIA and I signed on the Forum with the wrong ID.

Bob Tidmore
Kathy Speck

Post by Kathy Speck »

Okay - I was just wondering what that was all about! Like so many other Islanders, you wear many hats in the community!
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

... and the winner is

Stan Buell of Holland, MI with a time of 10:45 AM only 16 minutes from the actual time of 11:01 AM. One-half of the total amount is $527.25.

Other times that were close

Bobbi Welke 8:30 AM
Laura Gillespie 11:59
Ken McDonald 12:00
Ken McDonald 12:21 PM

Thanks again for your support. We set a new record this year for the latest time.