RICHARD (DICK) DEROSIA-RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

RICHARD (DICK) DEROSIA-RIP

Post by Gillespie »

Dick Derosia, a longtime friend to many of us passed away this evening. He lived and worked here for many years. As details become available they will be posted here. Goodbye to one of lifes absolute characters!! He was a great friend of mine. We had gone to Florida a number of years ago to work on the house and had been consuming adult beverages prior to the flite. Well, we couldn't get seated together which worked out well because he was torturing me pretty good so I took the seat at the back of the plane and he was up forward. After some time the captain came on the intercom asking if there was a doctor on the plane and so on and I thought, oh great. Well, he had gotten coughing and basically passed out as a result so they had to square him away. Anyway a stewardess came back and asked if I was so and so and had a friend up foward. I told her no, I was traveling alone but was the guy ok. Yes he was fine. Well I couldn't stop smiling at her so she drug me up forward to see him. Well anyway, you get the idea. And then they moved him into first class!!! Farewell pal!!
Jim

Post by Jim »

A good fella.

Jim Stambaugh
Dick and Amy

Post by Dick and Amy »

Dickie Do won't (do) any more; we're sure gonna miss him and his perpetual happy attitude.
caram

Post by caram »

Dickie was a happy and generous man. Thoughts and prayers to his family. Rest peacefully Dick-
Carol Aram
Marilyn Racine

Dickie Do

Post by Marilyn Racine »

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Dick's family and friends, he will truly be missed.
Liam & Marilyn
Campbell60tr34@aol.com

Dicky Do

Post by Campbell60tr34@aol.com »

Old Dick- Always wanted bread sticks out of the back door- " They taste better when there'r free ".
Jim Campbell
duffer

dicky doo

Post by duffer »

wow the memories i have growing up with all his kids!!! ill never forget him!!!
duffy