ATT North End Tower!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

joddy

micro cell

Post by joddy »

we bought a micro cell unit --- it hooks up to your dsl --- and it has
worked fine for about year, the whole time we've had it.
cost about $150.00 to $200.00. since the tower has been hooked up
we now get service from the tower or micro cell.
staying in touch with the hospital!!!
joddy
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Rich,
When driving past my cabin... just Crank call me...
(wouldn't be the first time)
Only way to know if there is coverage, "Out in the Hood"
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

It has to have expanded the service area, as the in town coverage that is on top of the hardware building at a height of about 50 feet is now augmented by service out on the tower near Font Lake, at a much greater height. I know that my in town tower contract is up in a few months.
Sharolyn

new phone

Post by Sharolyn »

It was time to get a new phone and our phones would only work as a WiFi phone (as someone mentioned). I wanted to switch to a Florida number so AT&T has my business for the next 2 years if they fail me, they can be fired!
Thanks all and continue giving us updates good or bad on the towers. Merry Christmas to all of our friends up on the island. If you find your way down here, let us know. 8)
Sharolyn Hunter
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

John, I pulled up next to your house on the road, had at least 3 bars and 4G on my ATT so doesn't seem like its going to be an issue, went on past through toward Indian Point past Joddys and near that red house on the rising curve and lost the signal, did not get anything by Tritch's at all until I got back to near the riding stable for the most part. Did not check it yet at Donegal Bay....
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

I was looking at a web site mentioned in the Wall Street Journal that featured low cost cell service. I have the ATT Go-Phone plan but it doesnâ??t include a data pan which is available from this company. Here is the web site.

https://www.consumercellular.com

You can also see a map of coverage in your. I uploaded a screen shot of the map that ATT shows for the island, not that great.

Bob Tidmore
Beaver Island Jewelry

cell phones

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

Sure would be nice to have coverage on E. Side Drive too!!

Nancy