Great Lakes Energy election

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

kara wasylewski

Great Lakes Energy election

Post by kara wasylewski »

I am running for a seat on the board of directors for Great Lakes Energy. The election covers the entire service area, so I need some fellow "up north" votes to help keep our area represented. My "bio" is in the Country Lines magazine/newsletter that Great Lakes sent out earlier this week. As long as you have an account with them, you can vote. The postage-paid mail-in ballot is on the back cover. There is no online voting or replacement ballots so don't throw it out with your junk mail! Thanks for your time and support.
kpw
Brad

Post by Brad »

I pay half again as much for electricity on the island as i do downstate plus the outrageous fees for meters. What will you do for the island?

Brad Grassmick
kara wasylewski

Great Lakes Energy Board

Post by kara wasylewski »

I can't say that I have any specific goals for the island, more just making sure our area has a voice and is considered with regards to special projects that might otherwise be done downstate. The board is responsible for awarding the People Fund grants and I will be able to vote for grants that will benefit our area. In case anyone is not familiar, the People Fund grant is where customers allow the co-op to round your bill up to the next dollar every month and use that money for grants.
kpw