Maudrie house fire

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Phyllis Moore

Maudrie house fire

Post by Phyllis Moore »

For those who are not in the area but want to help the Maudrie family after their devastating fire this morning, things can be sent to: Kathleen Maudrie, P.O. Box 306, Beaver Island, MI 49782. They are in immediate need of baby boy items, size 6-9 months, diapers, blankets, anything. Of course cash always helps for those other things they'll be needing. Thanks in advance for your help!
Angel Welke

Post by Angel Welke »

If you have any items to send to Beaver Island for the Maudrie family, drop them at Charlevoix Airport and we will get them over ASAP!
mcdonoughdiane

Post by mcdonoughdiane »

Is there one person organizing this so we don't overload on any one item!?? and miss other things that are needed?
hpfrombi

Post by hpfrombi »

Diane, my mom, Mary Palmer, is the designated person for that. SHe said it will take a day or two to go through what they have gotten and she will let us know what is still needed. Thanks~
pam moxham

Post by pam moxham »

where are folks actually staying? do they need toiletries ..blankets ..bedding.. pillows.. linens NOW?
?I couldn't reach mary yesterday ( not surprisingly ) .but was wondering ...
pam
hpfrombi

Post by hpfrombi »

I just talked to my mom and she said they have had an abundance of donations and are trying to sort everything out to see what they have. I think right now gift cards or money donations would be best so they can pick out things like undergarments and toiletries.