Squirrels invading homes

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Batman

Squirrels invading homes

Post by Batman »

We have had a lot of squirrels invading homes since the last snow storm here on the island .
We have had jobs were they have chewed into homes, mostly in town .
I have trapped as many as ten inside, where they are very destructive.
I'm just trying let people know so they can have someone check their home. It would be a good idea because they are so destructive .
If you have a problem just let me know I can check for them and get rid of them. Whatver you need give me a call . Thank you

Butch Hogarth
Hogarths Pest And wildlife control
www.hogarthspestcontrol.com
231-264-6060 office
231-218-5025 cell
231-448-3555 bi house
Here for a few more days
Campbell60tr34@aol.com

Squirrels

Post by Campbell60tr34@aol.com »

If you trap all the Squirrels there won't be anybody left.
Jim Campbell
Batman

Just the four legged ones

Post by Batman »

Jim i don't do the two legged ones I would be retired if i did ,the four legged are hard enough
Batman

Squirrel jobs done here are a few facts

Post by Batman »

Well the four jobs I had are all done some of them were not easy but persistence pays off the squirrels here that I dealt with we're eastern grey squirrels Squirrel-related issues often result in a homeowners pulling their hair out and using words they would never say in front of their mothers. Squirrels can be quite intrusive, and they donâ??t seem to get the hint when they are not wanted. A little mischief in the backyard is bad enough, but sometimes squirrels can bring their antics a little too close to home. Literally. They can get into attics and build nest or tear things up. Theyâ??ll dig for bulbs in your garden, and eat most of your birdseed if you let them. Not a good situation, and because of this inconsiderate behavior the Eastern Grey Squirrel is not always welcome in backyards across North America. But for many the Eastern Grey Squirrel presents no issue, and they are more than happy to see the energetic little rodent darting around their property.
Grey squirrels are cute but devious. A tip is to put pepper in bird seed to keep them from eating bird seed
Source: © Michael J Rapp
Squirrel Facts and Behavior
While forests are much preferred, Eastern Grey Squirrels can inhabit urban areas as well. They thrive in cities and towns, and are frequently found in parks and other woody spots. Diet items consist mainly of seeds, nuts, berries and other natural items, though theyâ??ll happily consider most food you put in front of them. They donâ??t hibernate during winter, but instead remain active, even in very snowy months.

Eastern Grey Squirrels build nests made of twigs called a drey. These can be spotted high up in trees, particularly in the fall when the leaves have fallen, and they often look like large birdâ??s nests. Grey Squirrels may also nest in hollow trees or other similar spaces, and, unfortunately, in attics.