Thanks for getting the island up and running

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

dtritsch

Thanks for getting the island up and running

Post by dtritsch »

I would like to acknowledge all of the long hours and hard work getting Beaver Island back up and running. Thanks to the BI Great Lakes Energy crew: Mike McDonough & John Gillespie, Jim Wojan Excavating: Jim Wojan, Bruce Cull & Steve Crandall, and the Charlevoix County Road Commission crew: Rick Hall & Doug Gillespie. Nice job guys, take a bow! After the storm, the interior roads of Port St. James and West Side Road looked like a war zone. They were impassable. Thanks for opening up the roads and getting the power restored.

Don Tritsch
Jim

Post by Jim »

Absolutely true, Don, Those guys are some awesome dudes, all of them. I would like to also add Darrel Butler to that list. I understand that he found the shattered power pole in the woods that kept those of us who dwell in the interior swamps of Peaine in the dark until around eight this evening. I am sure there are others who deserve mention as well. Their spirit is the strength of the Island that after a few nights with no power many have come to appreciate. I'm glad to know them.

Jim Stambaugh
Nich

We'll 3rd that!!

Post by Nich »

We had some (electrical) problem in PSJA that had them walking the streets for a while, looking for it. So many trees down that they couldn't drive into some areas. Still they worked from before sun-up until after sundown every day until it was fixed.
They worked hard and did an excellent job! The reporting system worked well also.
And thanks to everyone else who helped out. Many trees were down here in PSJA and most were cleared away before we could call someone about them. The people here on the island always amaze me when the going gets rough! People jump in and help without being asked. Many problems are cleared up before you realize that there IS a problem.
This is an amazing place to live!

Ted and Pam Nicholas
Ted Nicholas
nich01@tds.net
tkludt

Many thanks from the woods

Post by tkludt »

Good job to the power team! We lost power early thursday evening and the lights came up yesterday afternoon just as good friends Bill and Andy delivered needed generator gas and storm "rations" via foot and a borrowed sled. Our drive is 1 mile long and impassable due to the down and leaning trees. Today we hope to be able to at least cut a four wheeler path and maybe see some more of the island Christmas cheer. This place rocks! Tom and Cheryl
Frank Solle

Post by Frank Solle »

46 hours of 'camping out' on Paid Een Og's went smoothly. Add our thanks to everyone who worked the long, arduous hours under incredibly difficult conditions to clear the roads and return the power.
Frank and Sue
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

I would like to nominate all of these hard working folks to be Citizens of the Year!!!
larry hall

Post by larry hall »

Add me to the islanders offering a big thank you to these great guys. They really went above and beyond for us. you guys are the island's M.V.P.
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

The LaFreniere clan of Paid Een Ogs give a big Thank you to all involved too. Dan was going through Technology withdrawals. Pioneer Days was fun the first day... not so much as it continued. Paid Een Ogs still looks like a trail rather than a road. But it get wider every day! Thanks to all who had a hand in restoring power and clearing roads. You guys are great! Merry Christmas to all!

Jacque, Mark and Dan