Web Cams in St. James

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Tim Keeney

Web Cams in St. James

Post by Tim Keeney »

What's up with the web cams at Power's and Beaver Island Realty? I depend on them for my B.I. fix and they're not working!
DwightEarly

Post by DwightEarly »

Yes! Both Rich's and Jeff's webcams are off line, while McDonough's Market web cam http://www.mcdonoughsmarket.com/beaver-island-webcam/ is showing a close up of the water in the harbor.

Without Phyllis Moore's morning weather report, we'd be clueless as to the snow conditions. :D

The good news is Island Airway's Beaver Island webcam is working.
Tim Keeney

Post by Tim Keeney »

I can't look at McDonough's cam because I do it while I'm supposed to be working (nothin' like dreaming when you're supposed to do something else) and I'd have to have the I.T. administator enable it. I do look at the airport but it's not the same as seeing the bay.
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Sorry for the troubles on the webcam, we are working on it and are having issues uploading the cam to the site, we are working to get it corrected it is a webhosting issue we believe
DwightEarly

Post by DwightEarly »

Jeff, thanks for your reply and update. We're off the Island for the Holiday and the webcams keep us in touch. Between the webcams and Phyllis' Facebook early morning weather conditions and forecast, it's like being there. :)
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

THE BEAVER ISLAND BLUES
It's like Man, I get this itch
...I start thinking , "If I could just get my medicine, I could be OK"
But my nose starts running and I find myself in a cold sweat.
"OH GOD, HELP ME!!"
"I NEED MY MEDICINE, IM SICK DUDE"

Then , " Ahh, the relief comes, the cameras at Jeff and Richie's comes back on line, I breathe again....."

Yea Doc, I know I cant keep doing this, but when I need my fix , it just hurts so much not to have it..... I am out of Control.........
if I can just hold on until the mail boat starts running again in the Spring....
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

The So Cal contingent longs for the island......

The Island contingent longs for So Cal........
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

In rural Central California we have as much in common with So Cal as Beaver Islanders do with downtown Detroit.

" We are L.A. dodger fans.... we dodge L.A. as much as possible..."
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Ahh! Sorry for the misunderstanding...
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

If you can not be there in person it is great to visit by cyber space and dream the dream of being there in person. I think it would be great that when we are up to our elbows in snow on the islands we could go to a southern California website and see people in shorts eating a frozen confectionery in a cone. John, can you set something up for us?

Skull&CrossBones
Lois Sowa Stipp

Post by Lois Sowa Stipp »

I could put a webcam in my So. Cal back yard and share the sunshine!
Lois Sowa Stipp