A Grateful Island Treasures Resale Shop

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Jim

A Grateful Island Treasures Resale Shop

Post by Jim »

Our Black Friday extravaganza at Island Treasures Resale Shop tops my list of events that exemplify true Island spirit. Days ahead a large crew of people loaded 3 trucks full of donated goods and delivered them to our shop. Hours were spent displaying the items. Trays of cookies arrived rivaling the Cookie Carnival displays. Lemonade - delivered. Coffee- here's the money to pay for your order . People arrived to clean and decorate. What a wonderful community!
With the promise of treats, prizes, and great deals ,we hoped the shoppers would come. Well , the first vehicle pulled in an hour and a half early ! Soon there were several cars and an RV with a Beaver Island tailgate party! By the time we opened the door, the ramp was full of the most beautiful group of smiling shoppers I have ever seen.
The joy, enthusiasm, and love in the shop was powerful. We had so much fun ! No one knows how many people came , but we do know that our sales and donations broke the record totaling $1000 ! This money was added to our building fund in honor of our dear friend, Carol LaFreniere. I think it is pretty cool that our best day at Island Treasures honored a lady who helped start the first Resale Shop on the Island. "Geeze, Louise !" , she would have loved it.
Thank you, Beaver Island. Donna
Jim

Post by Jim »

Though I and the other firefighters don't express it often enough, I would like to thank the folks who support the Island Treasures Resale shop, and its outstanding staff. Without the ladies who volunteer their time to sort and label donations, we wouldn't have the modern equipment or the- up- to- date training necessary to serve you. And yes, Wife, I do appreciate all the work and time you have put into the shop.

Jim Stambaugh
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

What an amazing day with amazing people making amazing money for an amazing woman! We miss you Carol!