Reenactment of Strang's assassination needs bit players

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

jacquel

Reenactment of Strang's assassination needs bit players

Post by jacquel »

From Amanda:
My name is Amanda Trudell and I'm a senior at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI.

Tentatively, I will mainly need extras to act as Mormons and gentiles from the 1850s. I already have an actor for Strang. I am thinking about doing an information run-through on Nov. 9th and then spending Saturday the 10th filming the reenactments.

Tentatively, I am definitely looking for 2 men to "assassinate" Strang, as well as others to dress as townspeople and followers of Strang. If I could get at least 10 people to be extras that would be fantastic, men and women.

If people are interested, I would ask them to wear dull or neutral colors. I will see what I can bring but if they want to take a look at their wardrobes that would be helpful to make sure they have something that fits. Gentlemen: wool suits, white button ups, ties, leather boots, and top hats if possible. Ladies: long dresses, leather boots, bloomers (if they have them), hats.

This would occur the weekend of the 10th. I would like to meet whoever is interested on Friday evening (maybe at 7, place to be determined) to have a quick meeting about the project, sign talent release forms, square away costuming, etc. The filming will be on Saturday.

My email address is amanda.trudell@gmail.com if there are any questions.
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Friday's meeting for the "players" will be at 7 p.m. in the Community Room at the Medical Center. Please attend if you would like to participate.