Gillespie for Commissioner Article

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Gillespie for Commissioner Article

Post by Gillespie »

I believe this article fairly represents my position in the upcoming election. There is a lot to do! I take it seriously and need your vote! http://www.boynegazette.com/2012/gilles ... ith-audio/
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Richie, good article, I don't get much news over here this time of year. There is a lot to be done and you are the guy to do it. You have my vote, thank you for representing the islands.

Skull&CrossBones
Dick and Amy

Post by Dick and Amy »

Yes Pirate, take care of the Chandler Wells for me 'til next diving season.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Dick, I'll keep me good eye on what remains of the Chandler J. Wells. I had a mate from Put-In-Bay, an old rum runner, who labored to build the Wells back in '66. In 1869 we called her the Devil Ship and swore she had Davy Jones' soul aboard. That year she had 2 collisions, struck by lightning, sustained gale damage and ran aground. I was here on Whiskey that cold windy night of November 14, 1884 when she ran up on my shoal. For a 175' schooner she went down fast and saddly with only lumber as a cargo.

She'll still be there when you come over to dive next year. I'll show you a few things you may not know about her.

If you're thinking about going back to Cuba, let me know and I'm in.
Until then, give Richie your vote and support to carry him to victory tomorrow. We can all celebrate when we all get together.
GO Richie :!:

Skull&CrossBones