Thank You!!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Daddy Franks Restaurant

Thank You!!

Post by Daddy Franks Restaurant »

Oh My Gosh!! I really don't know where to start.....

I have only been home for a week today and I miss the Island So much. In my week home I have almost unpacked, have worked 48hrs at EMS, and have gotten back into the Salon. Life is different at home, a good different, But I miss my Beaver Island Family!!

It was a fast and furious summer. When we took on the project of adding on to Daddy Franks early in the season, we had no idea, well some idea, LOL, how much work and endless hours it would take to get us open as soon as possible. We had lots of help. My Family, Mark and our Boys (Anthony and Derek) worked weeks going back and forth, while working there jobs back home. My friends from home coming and spending days here doing things they have never even thought of doing...

10 weeks later, Opening Day, July 4th...... I have to say it was very hard!! Opening with a untrained staff and being so busy was NO fun. But thats behind us and Thank You for sticking with us while we worked on all the stuff that will make us better. Thank You for your input, bad or good, I listened!!

Can't say enough about the support the Island has gave us. Thank You to All the Contractors and Services that gave us the Best Care ever! They ALL really are the Best! :) Our Island Friends, that gave up there days off, to give us there time and help build....True Friends you really are!

WE have been blessed with making many New Friendships that I'm sure will last a life time.

Not sure when we will Open in the Spring, that has yet to be determined.....maybe earlier than expected!! But, already I can't wait to get back. You will see some more New improvments, New additions and maybe a surprize!!

I would also give a Big Thank You to my Island EMS Family, for giving me the chance to serve the community and give back to the Island that has gave to me!! It was a honor to be a Paramedic for the summer. I wish you all well and be safe!!

To the knowledge table.....More cookies are on the way!! LOL So eat that last one before it turns green. I will be back :wink:

Hugs to you ALL, I miss you VERY Much....Kathie
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Thank you, Mark and your wonderful family for all your time and hard work this year. I didn't get there as much as I would have liked to but the times I did, I was impressed by the great atmosphere, and friendly staff. But most of all, thank you guys for giving one of the hardest working women, Nancy a well-deserved summer vacation! Have a great winter and see you all in the spring. =D> =D>