Parakeet found

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Andy's Grooming Barn

Parakeet found

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Bright yellow parakeet found downtown, has a little white on him. If you lost one please contact Jon and Sally Fogg 3192 or 2075
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Laura encountered him near Jon and Sally's this morning, spent time trying to be kind and so on, it bit her so she let and then tried to recapture it by Bill and Tammy's but it would not come back, glad someone has corralled it!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I want to thank who ever is responsible for the capture of "Rummy". He is my pet budgerigar (budgie) commonly called a parakeet. I release him from Whiskey Island at the end of each summer to see who makes it to the Caribbean first for the winter. If you are a betting person, put some money on me for this year.

Skull&CrossBones
sailorman

Post by sailorman »

AARGG
Andy's Grooming Barn

Buttercup is now home

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

For anybody interested-
After a week long stay with Jon and Sally Fogg, Buttercup (AKA Lemondrop) is now back at her home with her partner Buford.

This has to go in my top ten listing of animals lost on Beaver Island!
Thanks Colleen Martin for passing on the information to Buttercup's parents.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Mea Culpa! Glad that Buttercup is home again.

Skull&CrossBones
Rene Rogers

Parakeet found!

Post by Rene Rogers »

After a nine day Beaver Island adventure out on her own Buttercup, A.K.A Lemon Drop was reunited with our family! Beauford, her cage mate (a blue parakeet), is especially happy to have her back. They've been doing a LOT of singing, rubbing beaks, and dancing back and forth on their perches!

I wonder if Buttercup will ever tell Beauford about her four days of living wild and free??? Did she find danger ... adventure ... love... ??? Certainly she's told him of the kind rescue and time spent with Sally and John Fogg, the well appointed rabbit cage, and the delicious seeds... not to mention the adorable new name - "Lemon Drop" that they gave her upon her return to civilization.

Aside from one feather on her neck sort of half pulled out, and dangling like an earring, and perhaps a few tail feathers missing, Buttercup looks great! The security (twist-ties) has been heightened on their little island cage that hangs on our porch on nice days. Did the cage just loosen up... or did Buttercup bust her way out because Beauford tends to sing constantly and squawk an awful lot? Perhaps she thought the grass was greener for a bird living wild on the Emerald Isle?!!

Thanks to Sally and John Fogg for rescuing and taking such good care of Buttercup!! Thanks Colleen - for the tip on the Forum post you saw! Thanks Andy for all of your help, too, in reuniting us with Buttercup!

Sincerely,
Rene, Larry, Charlie, Ed AND Beauford