VINTAGE VEHICLE SHOW/ SUNDAY AUGUST 12TH

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

dickie

VINTAGE VEHICLE SHOW/ SUNDAY AUGUST 12TH

Post by dickie »

Everyone is invited to the Beaver Island Vintage Vehicle Show at Whiskey Point on August 12th, 2012.
The show starts at 1 pm.
There will be a short "Cruise" through town at around 2pm.

What is a Vintage Vehicle ?
Anything old and cool that rides, drives, floats or slides.
How old?
Well it depends on how cool it is...
There will be vintage cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, canoes, snow machines and boats in attendance.

If you have a Vintage Vehicle on the island we strongly encourage you to bring it to Wiskey Point on Sunday by 1 pm and display it for all your fellow islanders.
Bring your own vintage vehicle, be it a bicycle, boat (trailered or anchored at Wiskey Point), snowmachine, cars, trucks, tractors, wagons, buggy, plane, helicopter or even your little Red Wagon to the show.
This will be a fun and simple event.
Please bring your own refeshments.
Come and check out all the Island's vintage cool transportation vehcles that until now, have never been shown together on Beaver Island.

If you have any questions about attending or bringing your Vintage Vehicle to the show, contact me via this post or call my cell 734-777-7391
or just show up by 1 pm on Sunday August 12th.
DICKIE
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Just my opinion, but an hour for viewing before a cruise might be a bit too short a window for the public to get the chance to see them, Dickie.

Great idea and I'll be trailering a couple old Suzuki snowmobiles over...
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Well, like all Beaver events, it will most likely start late and end later....
flexibility is the key.

My Model A Ford will show up. I know there are at least three other Model A's on island, hope they come too.

I am looking forward to seeing what other vintage gems of transportation lurks on the backroads and barns of Beaver Island.....

It will only be a fun event if everyone makes the effort to bring their old toys out to Wiskey Point to share...
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
medic5740

vintage vehicle show

Post by medic5740 »

My only wish that this was published somewhere sooner. I'll miss it because I'm on the mainland, but hope someone will take qa few pictures for me.

Joe Moore, News on the 'Net
PhilBecker

Re: vintage vehicle show

Post by PhilBecker »

medic5740 wrote:My only wish that this was published somewhere sooner. I'll miss it because I'm on the mainland, but hope someone will take qa few pictures for me.

Joe Moore, News on the 'Net
It really only came to fruition over the past couple weeks, medic. There will be a lot of pictures taken, so you should have many to choose from, from several shooters.
Tony Gatliff

Post by Tony Gatliff »

Dickie, tell Jimmy to get Uncle Perry's model A from aunt Kathleen.

Tony
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Yes Tony, Kathleen brought Perry's Model A. There were four of them at the show, and all of them 'year-round residents'!

The show was great. It was well attended and enjoyed by all those who came to see the eclectic mix of cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, boats, and yes, my old snowmobiles.

A big thanks to Dickie for having this vision and getting us all together for this event. I know from the talk around town that next year there will be many more who will be planning on attending!

Phil