Election Thoughts

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Election Thoughts

Post by Gillespie »

There will be more things posted but as many of you know I am already up for re election and although I have numerous proud accomplishments we have a long way to go! The addition of the water wagon, although temporary in its value when it is used allows the road commission to reduce dust or even grade the roads when they get washboarded. Without it we would not be able to do either. I was also very involved in helping to get our county health plan changed to an HSA (Health Savings Account) which, in itself saved us a minumum of a half million dollars the first year according to estimates! I am also working with county board members to support a new and much needed county garage.

One the big things locally should we lose representation, is Kings Highway. It was originally scheduled for a redo in the next year or so and definitely needs a local push to keep it on schedule! There are many other things your representative, this writer, would like to get done and your support will go a long way in making that happen! BE SURE TO VOTE AUGUST 7TH!! Thanks!