Peaine Township August Primary

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Brad

Peaine Township August Primary

Post by Brad »

This is an exciting time for our Island. I'm pleased with the number of people running for township offices. It offers all us as voters real choices. I hope it also results in a clear and open discussion of what our priorities need to be on the island and how best to achieve them. I think that by working together, we can come up with solutions. We have a lot of talent here and what answers we don't have, we can find. It's vital for all of us to make our opinions known. Township officers are elected not ordained and are supposed to reflect the needs and opinions of the voters. I would like to be a Peaine Township Trustee. I have expressed some of my thoughts on the forum and would like to hear what you think. Make democracy work. Vote August 7th in the primary at the Peaine Township Hall.

Brad Grassmick
Brad

Post by Brad »

This election is an opportunity to change how we do things on the Island. We can have a true democracy with input from all citizens, open and transparent discussions and decisions based on the facts and the will of the people. All that it takes is to get out and vote. The first step is the primary on Tuesday. I would like to be a trustee on the Peaine Township Board and I will do my best to make intelligent well informed decisions based on the greatest good for the greatest number. We are at a juncture that will lead us to more prosperous future on the Island if we aggressively pursue marketing and protecting our Emerald Isle or becoming a ghost town if we don't. I want to see our Island prosper with more visitors, residents and jobs, but it won't happen unless we make it happen. Make it happen. Vote!

Brad