Compassion

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

anna brand

Compassion

Post by anna brand »

I hope there are a few select individuals who now feel some compassion and shame. Anna
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

I assume you are refering to the untimely passing of Tina Walker yesterday. May God rest her soul. We have lost a careing person.
Wendy White

Post by Wendy White »

Yes, Tina always had the best interest of the island and it's inhabitants at heart; it's a shame that she was often misunderstood by those who didn't know her. Now she is in the arms of our loving Lord rejoicing in His Glory! My condolences to Doug Tilly and her family. Rest in peace, Tina.
BI Community Center

Post by BI Community Center »

Tina had a special interest, nay...passion, in providing unique opportunities for the youth on our Island, and the elder population as well.

She was always committed to making any undertaking an "event", and any "event" truly special.

Her inimitable presence, passion, efforts and personal investment and involvement will be sorely missed.

May you now rest in peace, Tina!
The Beaver Island Community Center...
at the heart of a good community!
Nich

You are already missed!

Post by Nich »

Tina was a loving, caring person who would do just about anything for anybody.
Tina, you are already, very missed!
Godspeed on your quest, sister!

Our deepest sympathies to the family and to Doug.

We miss you Tina.
Ted & Pam

"It is not the destination that is important in life, it is the journey."
Ted Nicholas
nich01@tds.net
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Tina was a very special person, who always had the best interest of every living being human and animal on her mind. She devoted much of her time to the children of the island by creating new events and I will miss her warm smile that always accompanied her on her travels. My sympathy goes out to the Walker family and to Doug Tilly in these sad times.

Jeff Powers
Vickie

Post by Vickie »

We, especially the children, have lost a great lady. My sympathy to everyone.
anna brand

Post by anna brand »

"....and the older man said, I shall not call out the wicked by name as they shall be known to thine selves by their evil words, deeds and thoughts, to answer for on judgement day. Thus it is not for us to judge. And so it shall be. The younger man, still with wonder, could see the compassion in the old man's eyes and could feel the love that was in his heart. And so it was and so it should be forever...."

My faith gives me the knowledge that Tina has now found the peace for which her earthly journey was searching. Her only wish was to simply, yet deeply, share that peace and love with others. May the peace and love she knew, comfort her family. Anna
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

Tina was an extraordinary member of our community. She cared deeply about many issues and made time to follow through, whether it was planning the perfect Halloween celebration, getting a donation for a cause or saving wayward souls.
I speak only for myself when I say there were times that she drove me a little crazy with her "dog-with-a-bone" pursuit of any cause. I will also say, in my opinion, that made her a great asset to this community. I hope she knew that she was valued here.
She was often told how much her contributions of time or energy were appreciated. She was also told when it felt like she was pushing too far. I don't think talk of shame or wickedness are necessary here. Family members don't always see eye to eye, but they always care. In losing Tina, we have lost a member of our island family.
My heartfelt sympathy goes out to her family, and all others here that feel the loss.
Cindy
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Well said Cindy.
Adam Richards

Post by Adam Richards »

We didnâ??t do much in Grand Rapids that required some other personâ??s set-up or git-up or what-not. Other than the Y, we mostly did our own. Our family likes quaint.

So quaint engagementsâ??whether here or thereâ??we tend to build on those kinds of things. Thirteen years of raising our babies tells me these quiet and (for-real!) experiences stick.

[Like, when I asked the boys this evening whether mom told them that Tina Walker died, they somberly told me that she did. But I couldnâ??t conjure a photo-memory in their heads through describing Tinaâ??s face. They only (knew, or) remembered her by way of reflections on Halloween at Peaine Hall or Easter at BICS. What I mean is, Tina did something other than smile her way into some personification for my children; Tina made an experience that resonates with them of its own accord. As much work as it takes to be (impressive) with oneâ??s own kids, that is quite an adulation.]

Tina threw endearing little holiday parties. If youâ??ve attended one, youâ??ve seen the Beaver Island kids you know in smiles (all smeared chocolaty) and flurry (all bright trinckety). And expectation (all kid hopefully).

That is what I think of first. And Tina did that all of her own accord.

She found sweetness in it. She found meaning. She may have done it for herself as much as for anyone else, vice versa, or somewhere in between. Doesnâ??t really matter too much, to me. My boys remember those good times, and I think, as they dreamt in their tent in the front yard last night, they may have even seen Tina.

+Memory Eternal+
Dick and Amy

Post by Dick and Amy »

Cindy R. said it well; and with no doubt she is with the Lord now. R.E.
Joey Timsak

Post by Joey Timsak »

Very well said Cindy. Rest in Peace Tina. My condolences are with Doug and her family.