Looking for a new home!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Rose Cole

Looking for a new home!

Post by Rose Cole »

We have 2 small dogs that we are trying to find new homes for. Both are loving dogs and completely house trained. The reason we are searching for new homes for them is because every time someone walks or drives by the house they bark. Being located where we are, the barking is constant. They would make extremely good pets for someone not living directly in town. One is a purebred Yorkie male, he weighs about 4lbs, will be 5 in November, he is up to date with shots but is not fixed. The other is a Maltese/Yorkie mix female, she weighs about 10lbs, she is 3 years old, up to date with shots and she is fixed.
Please consider these loving dogs for your home. We would like to keep them together but will separate if necessary.
Free to good home.
Call 2059
Rose Cole
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Have you thought of or tried bark collars?
Rose Cole

Looking for a new home

Post by Rose Cole »

Before we get too many more questions in this regards, I would never think about getting rid of a family pet if I hadn't tried everything I could think of.
We have used 3 kinds of barking collars, vibration, scent release and shock. We have tried spray bottles, clickers and ultra sonic noise deter-ants.
They just cannot handle people walking by and where we live that happens all day long.
Rose Cole
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Rose, I hope I did not offend you with my question.
Rose Cole

Looking for a new home!

Post by Rose Cole »

Not at all, just trying to answer questions.
Rose Cole
Rose Cole

Post by Rose Cole »

We managed to find a new home for our little Yorkie.
He is doing very well living with Joe & Phyllis, and they tell me he doesn't bark! Not much foot traffic around their house.
We would still like to find a home for our female Morkie, she is 3yrs. old, she has been fixed and is up to date with her shots.
She is very loving and always wants to be around people. I beleive if she could find a home in a less busy area her barking problem would also stop.
Rose Cole