webmaster/ Reply Notification old post that's been deleted

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Anna

webmaster/ Reply Notification old post that's been deleted

Post by Anna »

This moning when I checked my email I noticed there was a reply in my inbox from Webmaster (at) beaverislandforum (dot) com

The topic was" Reply Notification" in regards to a recent post that had been deleted cause it was causing alot of controversy. Why would I still be getting notified about this particular post if it's been deleted? It seems strange to me.

Anna
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

The only thing I can think of without seeing the mail in question is that possibly there was a network glitch between this server and your ISP's mail server - default email behavior is to retry after x hours, ramping this up but continuing to retry for a few days until ultimately declaring a delivery failure.

If it happens again, please forward the email with headers to webmaster (at ) beaverislandforum (dot) com and I'll take a look in detail. My guess at this point is that it's just a one-time glitch.
Anna

webmaster reply

Post by Anna »

Thanks Jeff.

Sometimes the ISP's can be very touchy at times.

If computers were like most automobiles they'd probably be recalled. Oh! these modern conveniences. What would we do without them. :-)