Doug Bugai RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marilyn Racine

Doug, a friend to many.

Post by Marilyn Racine »

Doug's friendship was a gift. He truly cared, was helpful, thoughtful and kind. In the years I knew Doug, I never knew him to say an unkind word about anybody. His sense of humor made me smile through the busiest of days. Doug's patience never waivered, even when he taught me how to play darts. My heart goes out to Steph, John and his friends...sadly, we will all miss him.
MR

Post by MR »

RIP Doug... We will miss you! :(

Miranda and Danielle
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

He was a good man, conscientious in his job, and the Island will miss him. RIP.
Pam and Brad
McGrass
Deborah452

Doug

Post by Deborah452 »

Reading all these posts about Doug makes me realize that he had a special gift that made everyone feel like they were uniquely special to him, that they were the only ones that Doug made feel that way. I was one of those people. It's very humbling and wonderful to know just how many people he made feel so special. I miss you, Doug.
joddy

Post by joddy »

steph~~~~~~~~
please know that all of our love is with you at this time.
love
Beth
Stryder
Saygan
&
joddy
Adam Richards

Post by Adam Richards »

Sheri used to swear that Doug charged her more for our GINORMOUS black bags than he did me. Not so, though. It was always $3.

She was a bit nervous because his words were sparse. She worried that maybe he didn't like her. Not so, though. She learned--and me too!--(a bit more) to chill out! Take it easy; LIFE isn't all about You...

Doug was always just there, being in his place and doing what he was doing. He didn't talk a lot because that was how he was.

He was how he was.

And he always did what he did. (Like how he was always at the Shamrock in the morning, having coffee.)

I am grateful for the many occasions that--while life may have been stressful, jumbled, complicated, full of politics--Doug was just straight forward, easy to expect, no guess-work, HIM, good to see, accepting and unassuming.

Thank GOD for Doug.

God, enjoy him. Thanks for the little bit of time we had with him. Bless all of his people.
caram

Post by caram »

Doug was a quiet man, but those who are quiet usually have some of the wisest things to say. He was so kind to me when I first came to the island, always taking the time to share a conversation. Sorry for your loss Stef, the island has lost a good man.