Every Generation Should Pay for themselves

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

AEW

Post by AEW »

America is now 15 trillion dollars in debt.
Each American man woman and child owes $47,981
Each American Tax payer owes $133,343
We are spending $217,000,000,000 this year in interest on the Federal Debt alone

Stop wasteful spending NOW. There is no money for pet projects. We are bankrupting our beloved Country. We can do better.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

http://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-c ... clock.html
AE Wirth
Terry Frysinger

Post by Terry Frysinger »

The debt isn't a result of projects that improve the infrastructure of this country. We went into a downward spiral when Bush took a surplus budget and led us into an unprovoked war, deregulated banks and reduced our country's income with tax breaks. Interesting that nowhere in this conversation about the rising debt is any mention made about removing these tax breaks for the obscenely wealthy to reduce it.
AEW

Post by AEW »

You are entitled to have your cognitive distortions all you like. Though data, history and facts prove everything you say as ignorantly untrue please feel free to live in your bubble.
The fact is that we are 15 Trillion dollars in debt TODAY. The crisis is NOW, and ALL wasteful or unnecessary spending is hurting future generations, that means kids folks. Debt is undermining our Nations credit rating. We spend $217,000,000,000 (that's Billion) a year just on interest on the Federal Debt alone. If one cannot see and comprehend the seriousness of this issue I pity them and hope they do the Country a favor and keep their bone heads out of the election booths. We need to demand that all communities state wide scrub their budgets for waste.
We are watching Greece, Italy, Spain Portugal and many other Nations collapse under their Countries debt. All of which occurred because of wasteful spending, unrealistic investments, and delusional social policies that pass costs on to future generation. This folks is coming to America. We have two choices. tackle it head on with the tenacity, sacrifice and teamwork that America had during WW2. Or we can do it the baby boomer way and whine, complain, point fingers and blame others and solve nothing. If we fail there simply will not be money available period. The American dollar will become worth pennies. We better start finding local solutions to local problems now. We are a good hearted and hard working community and we can do this. Every Generation should pay for themselves period.
AE Wirth
Terry Frysinger

Post by Terry Frysinger »

AEW, just because you hear something on FOX News doesn't make it a fact. You and your gullible lemming friends are welcome to let yourselves be used as puppets for the rich. I choose to believe scientists, economists and legitimate mainstream journalists.
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

Folks,

Those on this forum for a while can probibaly guess where my views are in regard to this topic. And, I know how difficult it is to not respond when people make statements that are so politically tinged.

First, the forum is not a place for full blown political debate. There is a reason this thread was dormant for a year.

Second, in any discussion on the forum we should at least be civil. Statements like "gullible lemming friends" and "everything you say as ignorantly untrue" have no place here.

I'd suggest that the moderators shut this thread down.

Jim
James Flanagan
37700 Font View Ct. 4439 N. California
Beaver Island, Mi Chicago, Il
49782 60625
231-448-2109 773-463-5494
AEW

Post by AEW »

<Never mentioned politics and I don't even have a television.
AE Wirth