Russell Green - Rest In Peace

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Russell Green - Rest In Peace

Post by Gillespie »

Russell Green is doctoring for some very serious health issues. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Good luck to you Russell!
Last edited by Gillespie on Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Al Biltz

Post by Al Biltz »

Our thoughts are with Russ from Brighton and Elyria, Ohio! A good friend on many of our trips across.
President: "Northern Brotherhood of Geezers"
AEW

Post by AEW »

Our prayers are with Russel and his family...........
Fr. Gabe Fox

Post by Fr. Gabe Fox »

My prayers are with Russ and all of his family as they deal with another issue in their lives. May God's healing and comforting Graces be with them. Fr. Gabe
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Russell took the Beaver Islander for one last ride today with family and friends aboard, captured this last docking from my webcam.

South Shore

Post by South Shore »

Russell got to run the boat? How wonderful!
What is his prognosis?
Sean Whelan
Marilyn Racine

Post by Marilyn Racine »

Our thoughts are with Russell and his family. We hope and pray for the best. Liam and Marilyn
Joyce

Russell Green Doctoring

Post by Joyce »

Thinking of you all!
BIHS volunteer
Judy Hansul

Post by Judy Hansul »

When I told my husband that Russell was taking his kids out on the Beaver Islander yesterday he said, "I hope he took her out as the Captain. The boat company wouldn't be what it is today without him."
Beth Croswhite

Russell

Post by Beth Croswhite »

Russell, Your wit and spirit represent the true heart of the Island. You are a stoic, brave man. Our hugs and hearts go out to you and all your family.
Love, Beth & Joddy Croswhite
Jimmy McCafferty

Post by Jimmy McCafferty »

Russell and Bing where joined at the hip , Farmers raised and farmers throughout their lives. Men of character and a work ethic we can envy but we can never match. Your faith and resolve will pull your through these tough times. Be well my friend

Jimmy McCafferty
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

I was a 17 year-old 'hippie' summer kid working at the Castaways restaurant in 1971. Every morning around 6:30 I would be walking towards town to open it, start coffee, etc. Russ would be pulling out of his driveway in that old longbed Chevy truck to go down to the dock and get the Islander ready for her morning trip.

One morning I caught up with him before he started forward down the road and asked if I could ride in with him. He quietly studied my long locks and then said 'Jump in the bed of the truck.' After about a week of my hitching rides, he said 'Get in the cab'. I rode in the cab every morning with Russ thereafter for the rest of the summer.

This is one of my fondest memories from my youth here on Beaver. Bless you Russell and all the Greens at his side.
k hites

Post by k hites »

our thoughts and prayers are with the entire family. I wish I could be there...but I know Dad and Mum took love from our whole family up to the Island.
Katy
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

Our warmest thoughts and deepest prayers go out to Russell and his entire family. Our hearts are with you! Love to all ~ Paul & Shirley
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Russell has moved along life's great path these past few weeks knowing that the good Lord would be calling him home to join him and his beautiful and beloved wife JOY to be together for eternity! What is most amazing about this life experience is what Russell, in his modest, yet "Russell" way is to teach all of us a lesson in humility, honesty and more than anything, personality! He was blessed with a busload of that. Many words could be placed here, even without Beth Anns permission, but we shall wait................Post your stories He may leave us at any time.........Russell loved a laugh!!!