Countdown to Noon

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Beaver Island COA

Countdown to Noon

Post by Beaver Island COA »

Hello friends,

Here is a joke submitted to us from Kirk McBride.
Why should you never iron a 4-leaf clover? I will have the answer to this after this brief message from the Charlevoix County Commission on Aging on Beaver Island.

Are you ready for a party? I know myself and many volunteers are ready to throw a wonderful daytime Pre-New Year’s Eve celebration for the entire community.
At 11:30 a.m. on Friday, December 22, at the Beaver Island Community Center, C.O.A. on Beaver Island along with the BIC Center will host the second annual Countdown to Noon New Year Celebration, followed by the much-anticipated Let’s Make a Deal Gameshow event.
The festivities will begin at 11:30 a.m. with a selection of delicious appetizers, pizza, and desserts catered by the Shamrock Bar and Restaurant and Beaver Island Community Center.
Shortly before Noon we will begin the countdown to the New Year as if it was New Year’s Eve and we will toast 2024 with sparkling grape juice. After the New Year fanfare, we will begin the Let’s Make a Deal gameshow event and I cannot express enough the gratitude I have for our island businesses who are supporting the game show. It is a very long list of great prizes to hand out during that event. So come down and have fun on December 22 at the Beaver Island Community Center.

JOKE: Why should you never iron a 4-leaf clover? ANSWER: You don't want to press your luck.
Grace and peace be with you,

Lonnie Allen
Site Coordinator, Beaver Island COA
Charlevoix County Beaver Island
Building coordinator/Maintenance assistant
(231) 448-2124
allenl@charlevoixcounty.org