CCCOA on Beaver Island November 1 update

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Beaver Island COA

CCCOA on Beaver Island November 1 update

Post by Beaver Island COA »

Hello friends,

It is Halloween and I cannot decide which joke to ask today, so I will ask them both.

What do you call a cheesy Halloween dance? What do you call a dancing ghost? I will share both answers after I give this brief update about the Charlevoix County Commission on Aging on Beaver Island.

Happy Halloween and today the CCCOA on Beaver Island office hours will be at the Beaver Island Community Center, as I prepare for the November Calendar of CCCOA events on Beaver Island.

Can you believe it? It is November tomorrow.

We have some great stuff planned to begin at 1 p.m. on Thursday, November 2, with our first Daytime Quizzical event (THIS ACTIVITY IS NOT REPLACING NIGHTIME QUIZZICAL) Please come and enjoy the lighter version of regular Quizzical at 1 p.m. on November 2. All are welcome to attend. Remember the next popular nighttime Quizzical game is on Tuesday, November 14.

If you have not heard of it by now the CCCOA Beaver Island office will not be open on November 1, 2023, so get out from under that rock, or step out of your cave and dance down to the BIC Center to view all that is happening and maybe join in.
On November 1, the CCCOA on Beaver Island will be assisting the Beaver Island Community Center group of volunteers, which will be remembering our fallen and honoring our living veterans and first responders on Beaver Island with a meal. Please attend this meal that starts at 11:30 a.m. Food will be served till 12:30 p.m. or while supplies last. Whichever comes first.
The Charlevoix County Veteran Affairs officers will also be on site for this event.

All November meal voucher sales will take place at the BIC Center on November 1, after the meal.

1. Joke: What do you call a cheesy Halloween dance? Answer: The muenster mash!
2. Joke: What do you call a dancing ghost? Answer: Polka-haunt-us.
Attachments
Hot dog lunch flyer.jpg
Hot dog lunch flyer.jpg (706.22 KiB) Viewed 27904 times
Holiday sschedule on Beaver island.jpg
Holiday sschedule on Beaver island.jpg (98.89 KiB) Viewed 27904 times
November 2023 Calendar.jpg
November 2023 Calendar.jpg (235.71 KiB) Viewed 27904 times
Grace and peace be with you,

Lonnie Allen
Site Coordinator, Beaver Island COA
Charlevoix County Beaver Island
Building coordinator/Maintenance assistant