Duffy car rentals (since the first post got deleted)

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Pirate

Re: Duffy car rentals (since the first post got deleted)

Post by BI Pirate »

I Missed the first posts but it is good to remember that marriage is about the trip (journey) and not the rides along the way. Don't let the mishap ruin the memories of someone's magical day. There will be good rides and bad rides in life but it's the trip and destination that matters. I've known Duff for years and he is a good guy. This is Beaver Island with Beaver Island cars. Put the pictures in your scrapbook and in time they will be fond reminders of a special day on Beaver Island and not about ruining someone's reputation.
8) 8) :!:
Skull&CrossBones
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

This will also be deleted and it's not a place to pitch a bitch, take that up with Duffy directly! Do not repost or you will be blocked!
laurquamarine

Post by laurquamarine »

Gillespie wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:26 am This will also be deleted and it's not a place to pitch a bitch, take that up with Duffy directly! Do not repost or you will be blocked!
So people can only voice their opinions if they fit your agenda? I already have taken it up with Duffy and there is no resolution. I’m allowed to share my experience with a business on the island, whether you like what I have to say or not! Freedom of speech.
Sultmhoor

Post by Sultmhoor »

Wow, talk about bridezilla.
laurquamarine

Post by laurquamarine »

Sultmhoor wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:14 pm Wow, talk about bridezilla.
If I’m promised a service and don’t receive it, that’s not called being a bridezilla. It’s called disappointment.
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

I think there is a misunderstanding of the use of a forum.

This is a privately owned website. There is no such thing as freedom of speech here. Think of it like the whiteboard in your house. You may allow people to place messages there and you may place announcements there as well. However, if the board owner does not want a message on the board then the owner can remove them and if they decide they can prevent others from posting.

Finally, while people can express their opinions here they are limited by the rules, both written and traditional of this forum.

Rich, as the manager of the board, can make those calls. Even if I may not always agree with him.
James Flanagan
37700 Font View Ct. 4439 N. California
Beaver Island, Mi Chicago, Il
49782 60625
231-448-2109 773-463-5494
IslandTruth

Post by IslandTruth »

The truth is, if she ever wanted to come back and visit here, she can’t because of the damage that’s been done by the reputation this thread has created for her.

No one is anonymous here. Memories can be short if you move on. Should probably stop posting so people can start forgetting.
IslandDano

Post by IslandDano »

Duffy has always been good to us for our rentals. You're not getting Hummers and Escalades but he's always answered the bell. Thanks for all you do Duffy, shit happens.
Daniel Kretchman
SKATINGFAMILY

Post by SKATINGFAMILY »

Duffy has always been great about renting and lending a hand. Sometimes you can't please someone who brings their expectations from another place and expect them to be yours. Some things have changed but some people remain the same who embrace instead of wanting to change their surroundings to fit what they think is the "way".